Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pamphas grass in the front garden anyone know if it was true in the 70 s mi mars fit mate had it in her front garden , so in a weired pervy way i hope it is :evil:

·
Exceeded sell by date
7,746 Posts
Not a question I ever thought I'd see on this forum but I was told it was true! Didn't know your mate's Mum but I'm talking in general.

·
Lost in the ozone. . ....
3,029 Posts
It´ll take over your garden, virtually indestructible.......................fire maybe.

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
If you burn it off each year it grows better - just make sure nothing is close to it when 'torching' as it will burn like an incendary device- very impressive !

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
If you burn it off each year it grows better - just make sure nothing is close to it when 'torching' as it will burn like an incendary device- very impressive !
Yep can back that up, we had one and and was told about the meaning of having it in the garden so had a go at digging it up ,that wasn't going to come up without a fight ,so told the wife i was going to torch it, she had reseravations about it as it was very close to the fence but after i reasured here it was still growing and would therefore be moist in the middle and would just smoulder she let me go for it.
F**K how wrong was i whithin seconds we had 10ft high flames the fence was alight so grabbed a hosepipe and it was evaporating before the water got to the pampas and to cap it all off as it was burning i spotted the 15kg gas bottle from our BBQ at the base ,i had been wondering were that went ,the pampas had grown over it.
So dived in grabbed it and lobbed it the other end of garden
When it was all over the wife just give me one of them looks that i am sure you have all had. plus it took ages for my eyebrows and rest of body hair to grow back

DOH

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
From a yahoo.com forum. So I guess it's an urban myth. Still I'm glad it means something as I thought I'd entered a parrallel universe; gardening questions on R&S, whatever next :pmsl:

No. Swingers do not advertise publicly. Being a swinger I can honestly and accurately tell you that there is no symbols swingers use to identify them from non-swingers. Anything you hear to that effect is purely speculation and misinformation, or trying to spread gossip about someone, and we all know that gossip is seldom true.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Ive got some of the feckin stuff in my back garden and i think if its in the back garden it means that you aint gettin any at all , well it does at my house :(

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
when I was a kid we had some in our lounge( fuck knows what that means!) and I accidently set it a light, it went up like a flambe scared the shit out of me, and nearly set the house alight, Parents weren't best pleased!!!:pcnoob:

james

1 - 20 of 34 Posts