Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Many of you have seen my 57 in The Garage, thought I'd post a few of my other car.
Def not showroom quality, but its worth parking out back of the showroom & I like it how it is.

Its a not so fast '87 2.3 auto Mustang.
Bit opposite end to the 57, very much a budget car.
Nice rattle can matt black paint, complete with a few dents & dings.

Interior is erm er, Patriotic :shock: but soon to be replaced with a GT interior (still red tho) thanks to Matt100e.

Other plans are to change the wheels, as the rears are a bit too Carlos Fandango, & a roller repaint with Rustoleum, following an article in Hot Rod mag (still in matt black)
Its through an MOT & I will hopefully be bombing around in it soon.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Other plans are to change the wheels, as the rears are a bit too Carlos Fandango.
:?: Rear wheels look ok in these pics :?:
:beuj: Is it the view from behind that is a not to your liking?

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I like the wheels, got diff tyres for the fronts, but the rears dont have enough offset :sniff:
I like the view from behind, but dont think the local Fuzz will.

As the shocks are a bit on the soft side, there gonna rub like shit when theres a car full. I would have trimmed the arches, but there still too much.
I was hoping to find the same wheels, but bigger offset.

Going to change to GT wheels, which should look better than what I got it on.

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wanted to slam it by chopping the springs, but from what I've read thats a big no no with Fox's. You need proper lowered springs & if you go too low, strut mounts too. As that 57 takes all the cash, I'll go without.
As it only a budget beater, just gonna get some wheels that fit & go up a width or two on the rear tyres, 245/60 x 15's to try & fill the arch.

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got it on the road today :D after a few changes & doing all those odds & sods jobs.

Wheels are now Mustang GT alloys with 235 & 225 tyres to fill the arches.
Thinking about painting the wheels matt black ??

Havent had chance to change the interior, but I did get rid of the flags & retrim the panels in black.

Added a couple of stickers too :tup:

Only thing its lacking is a V8 :sniff:

·
Premium Member
14,764 Posts
cut the springs. it wont go fast enough to worry about a bit of handling loss. looks matter more when youre going slow. just my humble opinion.

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cut the springs. it wont go fast enough to worry about a bit of handling loss. looks matter more when youre going slow. just my humble opinion.
It doesnt handle that good now, with a bit of loss ? :shock: :D :shake:
Hey, arent you gassers guys used to going up not down ? :incheek:

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
paint them gloss black steve :tup:
now theres no excuse for not cracking on with the 57 :incheek:
Gloss ? Nah sod that, I never plan on washing it ! Matts good :tup:
Think the 57 will get all the polish :D

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cool daily! what the rustoleum bit for?

"& a roller repaint with Rustoleum,"
Rustoleum is kinda like Hammerite, but not so thick & gloopy. It contains a rust inhibitor & has non of the hammerite hassles.
If its thinned out, you can get a reasonable finish with a 4" sponge roller ect.
Hot Rod mag painted an early Falcon & sanded it to acheive a better gloss finish. As I'm going back in matt, it makes it even easier :D
Its a very cheap way to repaint a beater.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts