Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at 48 years old ive just passed my bike test.... i now feel i'm old enough to defy my mother and be a biker :D

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Well done As said be careful
The only trouble with bikes are car drivers

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
well done mate i passed my bike test 25 years ago but i dont think i could pass the test you've done ! ride safe & enjoy :tup:

·
Registered
945 Posts
at 48 years old ive just passed my bike test.... i now feel i'm old enough to defy my mother and be a biker :D
Well done, be careful, I too passed late in life and still haven't told my mother. When she comes to stay I have to hide the bike at a friends house otherwise she would flip out and always be worrying.
Best place I have ridden a bike was in France, the car drivers actually manage to see you,came back to the UK and within 5 minutes of getting out of customs we had a numpty in a car slice out in front of us.
Also remember that the bike accelerates alot faster than your average car, I have had a few close calls due to, lets say, inexperience but more the red mist visor.

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks everyone, ive bought a old 400 bandit, to use over the winter of a mate. just to get the feel of things but ive a fancy for a bobber style bike in the future. im not that bother'd about speed, just want to plod along nice and safely.:incheek::smoke:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Well done As said be careful
The only trouble with bikes are car drivers
No the only trouble with bikes are the riders.Im also a biker but drive the car alot more.Some of the riding ive seen is totally horrifying. We`ve got some good roads up to scarborough and the bikers dont have any respect for themselves or anyone else using the roads.Overtaking on blind corners/up hills ect.Riding 6" from the car in front ect.

Sqweaka well done mate. Ride safe.Its the best fun you can have with your clothes on.

·
Sheep Shagger
858 Posts
Well done Sqweaka.
Best feeling in the world. Well one of them :D

Went for a run to mid Wales last night just because I could. Beautiful roads and stunning scenery.

·
Registered
612 Posts
No the only trouble with bikes are the riders.Im also a biker but drive the car alot more.Some of the riding ive seen is totally horrifying. We`ve got some good roads up to scarborough and the bikers dont have any respect for themselves or anyone else using the roads.Overtaking on blind corners/up hills ect.Riding 6" from the car in front ect.

Sqweaka well done mate. Ride safe.Its the best fun you can have with your clothes on.
agree big time here, ive seen some hair raising stuff

·
Registered
612 Posts
thanks everyone, ive bought a old 400 bandit, to use over the winter of a mate. just to get the feel of things but ive a fancy for a bobber style bike in the future. im not that bother'd about speed, just want to plod along nice and safely.:incheek::smoke:
people do recommend bandits for beginners, many of my co horts said get a fazer or bandit, best bikes to learn on.
so i bought a fireblade, tho im not into the speed, well that was until i rode the fireblade, now i ride to the maximum speed allowed, and no faster;)

·
Stroker
5,503 Posts
Well done mate :tup:

Wish I had a bike licence to thrill. Mind, the roads up there and yorkshire are dangerous for bonkers bikers.

Bikers in my Gateshead local said it wasn't a proper ride out unless you had a brown trouser moment. Not good.

Cheers
Jimbo

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
baz ive seen your thread mate:tup: and i blame odgie partially as well for my new interest with his monday bike pics threads... ill be getting tattoos next :shake:

jim, have'nt seen your car over at the metro for a while! but i dont want any brown stains on my pants thanks!

stilltrying, everyone ive told ive got a 400 to.... have said give it two weeks and you'll want something bigger.

·
Banned
4,274 Posts
Well done, it's a great feeling........i went for the weeks course start monday, theory test wednesday, bike test friday........ one of the best weeks in my life, and now i ride a lambretta LOL.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts