Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, still a long way to go , got some time off work now so will try and get stuck in over the xmas holidays.
Should have the chroming back soon + some of the over bits i`me short of, going to get the car finished then tackle the wheels, they are just tack welded at moment and not running true.
Jez, I was looking at the old photo of yours [back in the day] with the wide alloys on, what ever happend to them ?.
I am going to have the same stance as yours was, thats why ive got the clearance with 9x15s on the rear and 8x15s front.
Cheers.
Dave.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Very Very nice
As for the "deadline" bit well if I have learned one thing in all my years it is that a deadline will only end in disappointment;)
DAVE

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Know what you mean, Ive been pushing myself hard trying to fit the build in with all the other shit ie work and breakdowns on other cars, leading me to make stupid mistakes.
Like the other night I did not cover the PB before shutzing the inner wing, needless to say the gun blocked and blew the shutz out of the vent holes showering the side of the car. cost an extra hour cleaning it off with panel wipe , luckily I got it all off without spoiling the paint, What a twat eh.
Cheers.
Dave.

·
Stay cool, admit nothing
1,836 Posts
Jez, I was looking at the old photo of yours [back in the day] with the wide alloys on, what ever happend to them ?. I am going to have the same stance as yours was, thats why ive got the clearance with 9x15s on the rear and 8x15s front.
Cheers.
Dave.

That was back in the late 80s I think, Dave, so God knows what happened to those wheels. The car used to belong to Alabama Andy back then. Andy is on this forum if you want to drop him a line.

Good luck with the rest of the build. It's coming along very nicely. :tup:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the comments Roy, have you seen my post( PB Cresta finished in the garage section), its running real good and I get a lot of comments when i`me out in it.
What motor have you now ?, The PB estate is ultra rare, worth strong money now, I had a PA with a rover in ended up giving it away to the scrap man.
At the moment i`me sticking to the stock 2.6 engine in the PB as its a realy sweet motor but i`me going to put an overdrive box in as it is realy low geared.
Cheers Dave.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.