Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Stay cool, admit nothing
1,836 Posts
Hi Dave

Try Bill Preece on 01582 872 684. But be prepared for a shock when you hear the price. I think the windscreen rubbers come from New Zealand.

Cheers - Jez

·
Stay cool, admit nothing
1,836 Posts
Hi Jez.
Awaiting a call back from Bill Preece, Also found a guy in Australia who makes to order, takes a couple of weeks to make after order is placed. My father in law is in OZ at moment and is only 1/2 hour away from this bloke but he comes home at the end of feb, timing is a bit tight but it might be worth a go, failing that I will after pay the postage + duties wich is going to be about £100.
My PB is up and running now just glass and seats to put in, I had 3 goes at putting the screen in, all Sat Afternoon in the freezing workshop needless to say I was pretty pissed off when it tore, done loads of screens in the past with no probs, even PA screens but when all said and done the rubber is 50 years old.
Cheers Dave.
Hi Dave. I've heard it's pretty much impossible to re-fit an orginal PB screen rubber without it tearing. That's why I haven't done the head lining and had it resprayed without removing the windows!

I think Bill quoted me about £250 for a new screen rubber. Ouch.

Good luck.

Cheers - Jez

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.