Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Marian downloaded some programmes to do with her work which have since been deleted . Since then stead of the Mozilla home page appearing when clicking on mozilla I have 'conduit.com' and a bing home page . Can't seem to get rid of it and get back to mozilla , even done a system restore to a week ago ?

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
XP ( of course :( ) Bloody bing page keeps saying about Windows XP support as well .

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
not sure about mozilla but in chrome you need to remove these things from the "extensions" part of the settings

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This should fix it for you;
Open Firefox > Options > Homepage > Restore to default
I have all of the functionality of Mozilla ie book marks etc are all still there but can't access any of that, home icon just takes me back to conduit.com?

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Nowheresville
3,051 Posts
Believe me Kev, I'm not an expert at anything IT (except maybe killing it :) ) but try Internet Options where on one of the tabs you can set or reset your Home Page.

Oh, and Internet Options is in Control Panel, or accessed from the browser Tools I think.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Believe me Kev, I'm not an expert at anything IT (except maybe killing it :) ) but try Internet Options where on one of the tabs you can set or reset your Home Page.

Oh, and Internet Options is in Control Panel, or accessed from the browser Tools I think.
Yup, done that one Andy , that all says it's working on Mozilla .I've even reset it to Internet Explorer and back again.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Now download the FREE version of this:
SUPERAntiSpyware - Downloads

And this (FREE):
Malwarebytes | Internet Security Product Downloads

And this (FREE):
Overview | Spybot © ™ - Search & Destroy

Run full scans of all three. You'll be amazed what you'll find...

Then in Spybot S&D run Immunize and let it take control of the browser homepage. It will alert you to this sort of thing happening again.

I would recommend:
1) running all three utilities monthly if the computer is often used
2) RFM regarding future downloads :) Always choose "custom install" that way you can see what it's trying to download with the programme.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts