Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There centrelines. the fronts will fit my capri but the rears are chevy5 stud. need them drilling to fit capri reat hub. can 5 be re drilled to 4???

·
Nowheresville
3,085 Posts
There centrelines. the fronts will fit my capri but the rears are chevy5 stud. need them drilling to fit capri reat hub. can 5 be re drilled to 4???
That's going to be tricky, if not totally impractical. Going from four to five, or five to four nearly always ends up with one of the holes interfering. On steel hubs it is easy to plug the original holes and re-drill to your heart's content, but Centerlines are aluminium, and the original style ones were two spun discs with a spacer plate sandwiched between. I would say look for another pair for the rear, but others might argue that by making the one interfering hole an '8' the other three will be round enough to hold the wheel in place. Might look crap though. Or use adapters.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's going to be tricky, if not totally impractical. Going from four to five, or five to four nearly always ends up with one of the holes interfering. On steel hubs it is easy to plug the original holes and re-drill to your heart's content, but Centerlines are aluminium, and the original style ones were two spun discs with a spacer plate sandwiched between. I would say look for another pair for the rear, but others might argue that by making the one interfering hole an '8' the other three will be round enough to hold the wheel in place. Might look crap though. Or use adapters.
i haven't found any adapters. maybe I'm looking in the wrong place

1 - 14 of 14 Posts