Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slightly odd request, but here goes.

My car has been built in the style of a 60's high school car. The sort of car that dad passed onto his son when he got a new car. Son then lowered it, fitted some decent wheels & generally drove the tyres off it while using it to travel to high school. The car has a well cared for, but used look.

What I'm after are some period tuning stickers for the inside of the windows. Not loads, but a few that I can hopefully "age" with a bit of T-Cut. I'd also like to reproduce a 60's high school parking permit for inside the windscreen.

Anyone point me in the direction of any of the above? Are there "sticker sheets" available with various period parts/tuning logos?

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
Who'd have thought they had drugs as good as this that early on.... :smoke:

Purple Hearts, Black Bombers and F1 Stock Cars. Things were pretty good 'early on'.
Rog.

·
Never confused
1,323 Posts
I ordered some period surf stickers for my old US imported Vdub Camper a couple of years ago ( to go with the genuine ones it already had ).
I tried fading them with both T-cut & thinners, but neither worked.
Anyone on her succesfully faded out new stickers.
If so.........whats the damn secret ?????

·
Fruit & Nut Case
2,100 Posts
I ordered some period surf stickers for my old US imported Vdub Camper a couple of years ago ( to go with the genuine ones it already had ).
I tried fading them with both T-cut & thinners, but neither worked.
Anyone on her succesfully faded out new stickers.
If so.........whats the damn secret ?????
Sun :doh:

·
Registered
777 Posts
if your looking for a high school parking permit stick a request on the HAMB for pics or scans...some one is bound to have sumat....either right click save and then print or just copy it on to word then print.....alternativly pick a High school at random (google search) and make one up in corel draw/paint or photoshop

·
Mopars and Gassers
246 Posts
I've got a real high school parking permit on the screen of a Sunbeam Alpine I imported from South Carolina...if I can get it off, it's yours!:tup:

·
Mopars and Gassers
246 Posts
Well, grabbing one off the web and printing it, seems a whole lot easier that scraping one of a screen or weathering a new version!

You could even distress or sunbleach the decal in PhotoShop...job done!

Saves me pissing about with a heat gun and a scraper tonight as well!:D

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Brilliant!! :tup:

Thanks for the help, honestly never thought of using Google! As soon as the effects of using Evostick on the headliner in a warm garage wear off I'll do a Google search.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts