Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Minge
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I was wondering if any of you who are good at the whole photo editing thing could help me out at all.

I have this

and I was wondering what it would look like as a pickup

something a bit like this which I cobbled together in paint.

If anyone could do something from that I would be really grateful! It might turn me off the idea of a mk2 cortina pickup for good!

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,347 Posts
A mate built one some 30 odd years back and did it as if a factory option done to a 1600E . It started as a 4 door and used the standard rear pillar section moved forward. It had a small rear quarter window and the opening then mirrored the length of a 2 door door ( but with a 4 door door if you get my drift? ) . Having been used to looking at that your version looks too thick in the rear pillar for my tastes and with the roof dropping away too sharply. I know you didn't ask for opinions so just ignore me .

As an aside , obviously being into BIVA territory with this mod, I'd thought I'd mention for anyone it may inspire that there is a minimum size bed requirement based on available cab space to be allowed to use commercial BIVA test.

Neck wound back in.

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
Here ya go mate. Just give me a shout if you want it in a different colour or something.

·
Minge
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As an aside , obviously being into BIVA territory with this mod, I'd thought I'd mention for anyone it may inspire that there is a minimum size bed requirement based on available cab space to be allowed to use commercial BIVA test.
Thanks Kev, I hope I can pick your brains further down the line, but can I infer from the above that there are favourable advantages to a commercial BEAVER test?

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,347 Posts
Thanks Kev, I hope I can pick your brains further down the line, but can I infer from the above that there are favourable advantages to a commercial BEAVER test?
It's not as light a test as Commercial SVA was but still includes some helpful 'not tested', though safety glazing isn't one of them now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts