Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't forget, they're only valid for 10 years (and that doesn't get topped up if you change address).

Just checked mine out as it's coming up to 10 years since I got my photocard one.

D'oh. Despite getting it in April 2000, surprisingly it was only valid until 10/12/09 :beuj:

Anyway, although still legal to drive there's a risk of upto a £1,000 fine for 'failing to surrender a licence' :eek: :tdown:

Best get mine sorted now lol.

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
i've still got the old style paper one.

Cant move house now otherwise I would need to get the new one and be fleeced for a renewal fee every 10 years

·
Premium Member
2,819 Posts
Si iv seen you drive there's noway you've got a license, i could nock you one up on me printer machine if you like:lol:

·
Dragging not Bragging
5,718 Posts
Spose i should renew mine ............. I know its clean it went through the washing machine :shake:

And that was before i moved :pmsl:

Si do they do reinforced camera lenses ................. seeing that you need your photo taken again

·
Super Moderator
7,390 Posts
Its all right for you but at my age with an H.G.V. I have to renew every five years................... Dave.

·
Stay cool, admit nothing
1,836 Posts
It's daylight robbery, this 10 year stuff. :shake:

In fairness though, the DVLA will send a reminder a few weeks before your licence expiries. They did with me anyway.

Don't forget, they're only valid for 10 years (and that doesn't get topped up if you change address).

Just checked mine out as it's coming up to 10 years since I got my photocard one.

D'oh. Despite getting it in April 2000, surprisingly it was only valid until 10/12/09 :beuj:

Anyway, although still legal to drive there's a risk of upto a £1,000 fine for 'failing to surrender a licence' :eek: :tdown:

Best get mine sorted now lol.

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,360 Posts
If you have to send in your old one, TAKE A COPY OF IT and make a note of your entitlements.

It is common for the DVLA to lose documents and there have been cases of folks losing entitlements (particularly motorbike & trailer towing) and it is then up to the individual to prove that they should have had them in the first place!!!!!

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,050 Posts
It used to be they were simply a Government department there to prvide a 'service' ,now they are self funding so they hav eto keep finding new ways to be profitable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts