Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Nowheresville
3,056 Posts
Yup, if you have a mix of parts twith no donor V5c then it's Q plate .For some they really don't want that so a bit of careful planning can prevent it happening . 3 of mine are Q plated , all drive just as much fun as any of my others have ;)
One last question then we can get back on course: if you used, say, a '78 donor vehicle and age related plate, would it still be 'first registered in 2015' so no weirdness with DVLA's current behaviour?

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,199 Posts
Yes,it would be first registered at whatever date you registered it and down as manufactured as date of passing IVA. Apart from emissions spec the previous donor identity has no bearing on its NEW identity.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
You like to complicate things don't you Rich?! LOL They will want to see a taxation history of use with that engine and box otherwise everyone would be doing it ,in fact lots did that's why they want to see taxation history as proof of use.;) Age and emissions would require the normal proof to that engine.
If you had a hot rod with a glass body, and you were sent for a BIVA , would you be able to use the 2 major components from that car and rebuild it to BIVA specs, as it would have a taxation history ?

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,199 Posts
Yes and no. IF you do it before being caught its acceptable ( I've used a rodded non caught car to provide age related status before now ). Problem is IF caught the first thing they do is pull logbook so there is no entitlement to that reg which ceases to exist. Generally any caught car , unless rebuilt and presesnted as fresh build , will recive a Q .

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Yes and no. IF you do it before being caught its acceptable ( I've used a rodded non caught car to provide age related status before now ). Problem is IF caught the first thing they do is pull logbook so there is no entitlement to that reg which ceases to exist. Generally any caught car , unless rebuilt and presesnted as fresh build , will recive a Q .
That's good news , thanks for the information Kev its appreciated,

61 - 68 of 68 Posts