Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
noew its easier to upload pics i thought id post some of the dart and its progression, was going to be just back half it and throw in the 440 but it all went wrong when i bought a complete tube frame kit from S&W race cars in the states. i will let the pics show the progress

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice dude, Mopars rule 8) how did it all go wrong though?
it all went wrong the day splinter (he of mercury cougar fame) poped round to pick up some stuff id done for him and he said why not do it properly, my quick "get it on the road over the winter" has got out of control (that was winter 2 years ago) i hope to have it running (but probably quite a way off complete) by the mopar nats next year.

·
Registered
863 Posts
it all went wrong the day splinter (he of mercury cougar fame) poped round to pick up some stuff id done for him and he said why not do it properly, my quick "get it on the road over the winter" has got out of control (that was winter 2 years ago) i hope to have it running (but probably quite a way off complete) by the mopar nats next year.
oh right! gonna be a sweet ride though dude when its done :D

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well due to other commitments the dart has sort of slowed down, the frame is now fully welded and front suspension mounted. im now looking at narrowing the rear axle but hit a small hickup, i cant get any tube for to replace the old ones so today i decided to look at doing some of the nice bits. this is the result of 6 hours work, took longer to design it how i wanted than make it but this is the gauge mount that will be mounted on the steering column (thats another thing on the long list of things to make)

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Handbuilt springs to mind. :tup:

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just found this pic of what the competition will be seeing (through my rear windscreen:D)

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
not bad, nearly a year with no progress, been doing too much on other peoples cars. HOWEVER today i picked up my rear axle from Steve (large engineering) top job and now on my way again, heres a couple of pics taken half hour ago

hope to have it on its wheels before the end of the month :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Some nice details on your car, love the Pentastars! (did I just admit to liking Mopars? :D)

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
fresh build , more pictures please trev looks sweet

1 - 20 of 62 Posts