Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know this may not be to everyone tastes on here, but it must interest someone. I got it with the intention of having some fun in it over the summer, but im not gonna get round to finishing it so need me drive back.

havent got any pics to hand but will put some up asap, but here's what a bulldog looks like:

mine is slightly different, as it is fully sided, so doesnt have any doors. most have 1300 marina engines and running gear, but this one has an 1800 twin carb marina motor, so good for 90bhp which in a car this weight should be a lot of fun. rear wheel drive aswell.

car was taken off the road in 2007 after starter played up, ive had it off, stripped and greased it and was turning over fine. Paint has suffered from hazing in the lacquer i think, but im no expert, pictures will explain and it might just polish up, but id assume the car needs a respray. looks fine when its wet :happy:

its got good tyres all round although one needs swapping over from the spare wheel. wheel wise its got truimph steels on, which could also do with a paint.

the hood is in good nick, although has a tear on front corner that looks repairable. seats are comfy, but drivers one has had it so i'd say could do with some new kit car seats which can be had pretty cheap. ive been offer some leather seats for £30 that were destined for it but havent seen them yet.

Engine looks good and clean, got pictures of its rebuild and ive had it turning over, but took the fuel lines off as wanted to service it before firing up, and was just testing the starter. its been serviced near enough every year with its mot by previous owners. Needs a new battery. Brakes need a service as they've been sat for so long. Have a stack of history with it too including pics of build.

but a weekend's work and you'll have yourself a fun little car for the summer, or finish it of and sell it on for a couple of grand.

Im after £900 as it stands.

cheers, Dave.

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
i know this may not be to everyone tastes on here, but it must interest someone. I got it with the intention of having some fun in it over the summer, but im not gonna get round to finishing it so need me drive back.

havent got any pics to hand but will put some up asap, but here's what a bulldog looks like:

mine is slightly different, as it is fully sided, so doesnt have any doors. most have 1300 marina engines and running gear, but this one has an 1800 twin carb marina motor, so good for 90bhp which in a car this weight should be a lot of fun. rear wheel drive aswell.

car was taken off the road in 2007 after starter played up, ive had it off, stripped and greased it and was turning over fine. Paint has suffered from hazing in the lacquer i think, but im no expert, pictures will explain and it might just polish up, but id assume the car needs a respray. looks fine when its wet :happy:

its got good tyres all round although one needs swapping over from the spare wheel. wheel wise its got truimph steels on, which could also do with a paint.

the hood is in good nick, although has a tear on front corner that looks repairable. seats are comfy, but drivers one has had it so i'd say could do with some new kit car seats which can be had pretty cheap. ive been offer some leather seats for £30 that were destined for it but havent seen them yet.

Engine looks good and clean, got pictures of its rebuild and ive had it turning over, but took the fuel lines off as wanted to service it before firing up, and was just testing the starter. its been serviced near enough every year with its mot by previous owners. Needs a new battery. Brakes need a service as they've been sat for so long. Have a stack of history with it too including pics of build.

but a weekend's work and you'll have yourself a fun little car for the summer, or finish it of and sell it on for a couple of grand.

Im after £900 as it stands.

cheers, Dave.
Hi Dave,

Pics please. What is it registered as on the V5 :?:

Cheers.

Russ.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Russ, at the moment i still only have the green slip from when i got the car, think the DVLA are taking their time sending me the v5 through. the previous owners are only down the road from me anyway so i can check that they have sent it off properly.

the car is on a Q plate, and im pretty sure its registered as a 4 seater, as it has 4 seat belts, although you'd have to be a freak to be able to fit in the back.

Pics:

roof is good.

tear on the driver side front corner.

1800 motor

dash is nicely laid out

chassis is 100% rust free box section, and of coarse the 100% fibreglass body is rust free too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.