Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a cheapish plasma cutter,
seen some on fleabay but they're all made in China :tdown: also seen some Italian machines but know nothing about them.
Or has anyone got one they don't need anymore?

Nige

·
Registered
348 Posts
I bought a 2nd hand thermal dynamics dragun off ebay I bid on a few other makes but didn't win them,just keep looking and something will turn up eventually it takes a while as once you have one you don't really ever want to get rid of it,I did look at the chinese ones but the same company were selling others that were returns/not tested etc so got put off with regards of quality! I suppose thats what you get for that kind of budget,mine was similar money 2nd hand but its over a grand new:)

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
i bought a cheap chinese ' cut 40 ' off ebay a couple of years ago , cost about £150 , brilliant little machine , unless your using it on a daily work type basis its perfect for home use , and cheap enough to sell on for spares and buy another if it ever goes wrong .. one thing , buy a large bag of electrodes at the same time to save cash on shipping them later , as you will need them ! . according to a friend who sells plasma cutters etc for a living , unless you need one for work , dont bother spending a lot of money on one , as it WILL burn itself out one day , regardless of brand .... as i can justify , my last one was £1500 , great machine but couldnt be repaired when it went wrong after 5yrs .... :shake:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I bought a 2nd hand thermal dynamics dragun off ebay I bid on a few other makes but didn't win them,just keep looking and something will turn up eventually it takes a while as once you have one you don't really ever want to get rid of it,I did look at the chinese ones but the same company were selling others that were returns/not tested etc so got put off with regards of quality! I suppose thats what you get for that kind of budget,mine was similar money 2nd hand but its over a grand new:)
i did the same.. bought 2nd hand thermal dynamics... awesome machine.. 150 quid, bargain
parts easy to get hold of to... so much better than buyin a new cheap one
mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts