Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,
now bear with me, i'am trying to find my father(yeah i know this isnt daytime tv).
a mr geoffrey alan marriott, he will be in his late sixtys & originaly from
hinckley,liec's.
i have never met him & i'm in my fortys, so what i'am asking is if you could look in your phone books(some off you must still have them) & pm me any
addresses & no;s with area codes under the name of
G,a, Marriott.
this is not a wind-up,this is a genuine request.
with luck one of you might actualy know him!!

cheers for any help,
rik. :smoke:

·
Mid England Retrims.
350 Posts
good luck with your search mate , i wish you all the best with it , have you tried bt online. residential serch.

·
[url=http://www.nobrain.d
14,365 Posts
Hi to find a person today isn't too hard

Is you name Marriott and can you prove that.

I'm in no way disbelieving you but what other step have you done yourself
In finding him….

Most Agencies will do a security check on you if you want to find a person just in case you mean that person harm

Bob….

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
Hi to find a person today isn't too hard

Is you name Marriott and can you prove that.

I'm in no way disbelieving you but what other step have you done yourself
In finding him….

Most Agencies will do a security check on you if you want to find a person just in case you mean that person harm

Bob….
oh shite yes, had'nt thought of that when i posted my reply earlier :tdown:
dont tell him your name pike :pmsl:

·
Registered
872 Posts
There are ways to be helpful, but it's something of a bizarre request, so to be fair I think you need to justify yourself a little more first. Posting some sort of ID would be a good start. And an indication of what methods you've already tried, there's no point in them being repeated.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Hello Rik. I hadn't seen my dad since 1953 and even then I dont remember him. But I got a letter a few years ago and on opening it. I found that it was from my dad looking for his two sons. I been to visit him quite a few times since then. He went thru an agency. Dont know what they charged but they do the finding and it worked for my dad. Best of luck to you.

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
try www.192.com

It searches through recent electoral roles, directorships etc.
i think its about a tenner, but will give you some info to head in the right direction.

Good luck on your search.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
None in South Norfolk and Lowestoft directory. If this is a genuine attempt to find your father, then I sincerely wish you the best of luck. Once you've found him, don't bloody lose him again!
Cha7z

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Just like to say,

I've confirmed with Rik that this search is genuine.

If anyone does have any info that they can pass on it'd be appreciated.

Alternatively, if you'd prefer to pass something on anonymously then if you send the info to me I will pass it on with your details remove to Rik in confidence.

Can we help ??

Cheers,

Si

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi all,
just like to say a BIG thanks to si for helping me out on this :tup:

&,
i do understand your concerns on helping me find my father, but if you dont ask you dont get.
& for all i know he could be one of your nieghbours!
thanks again go to those who have pm'd me details.
cheers again
rik. :tup: :smoke:

·
Registered
355 Posts
It may not be the case any more with all this computer technology, but I thought that most big libraries had a copy of every UK telephone directory, so you could sit and check them one by one.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It may not be the case any more with all this computer technology, but I thought that most big libraries had a copy of every UK telephone directory, so you could sit and check them one by one.
hi,
thanks for that mate,didnt know about, just gotta wait to get the wife to look after little'un for the day!
ta rik.

·
Stroker
5,458 Posts
I got some christmas cards from USA through my door last week.
Never heard of the folks, so googled their name, they came up on the electoral roll and live just up round the corner!

Amazing!

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hi all,
i'am still looking so thought i would bump this up again as there are some new members on here,
especialy from around liecester area!
cheers rik :smoke:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts