Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
My name is Martin
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 1 month I will be sporting some rather perculiar facial hair...

Now I know some of you I'm sure already have beards etc, but for a young man like me who's just stepped out of puberty it isn't easy!

The object of this is to help raise awareness and funds for men's health - specifically prostate cancer. Unfortunately this has affected my Dad (Rosscobbc) this year, with his prostate being recently removed. He was one of 35,000 men who will be diagnosed this year. In the UK, average lifetime risk of prostate cancer is 1 in 10 with the risk increasing with age.

I'd be grateful if you can support me by donating to the Movember event organised alongside The Prostate Cancer Charity.

To donate please click on this link

I will put up a picture of my progress in a few days but this was how I looked when I did it last year

So on account of me looking rather silly for a month and that Prostate cancer is a rather serious issue amongst us men I'd be grateful if you donate, even if it's a small amount.

If you want to take the piss out of the gingerness of the face pubes or saying that I look like a YMCA resident, that's fine, but the rule is you have to donate first. Then you can rip into me all you want :D

Thanks!

Martin

(Si, if you could make this a sticky till end of Nov that will be great)

·
My name is Martin
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Si

Thanks for your donation Rog (SG57) :tup:

Keep em coming :smoke:

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
£Tenner

·
My name is Martin
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Si, it did look a bit hidden.

Redmad - Thanks for the PM's and the coming donation :tup:

This is me at day 15 (Sunday)

Unfortunately for where I work this look doesn't go down well, but sod em it's a good cause :D

·
My name is Martin
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers 57peppershaker - Just got yours through :smoke:

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Thanks Si, it did look a bit hidden.

Redmad - Thanks for the PM's and the coming donation :tup:

This is me at day 15 (Sunday)

Unfortunately for where I work this look doesn't go down well, but sod em it's a good cause :D
I'm thinking Tumbler from Gone in 60 seconds :D

·
My name is Martin
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
great68 - Many thanks :tup: :)

Now crossed over £200 too :shocked:

·
Desparado
7,337 Posts
great68 - Many thanks :tup: :)

Now crossed over £200 too :shocked:
Going in the right direction then Martin :tup:
Going for any style ? or just see how it grows on ya :incheek:

C'mon you lot, search down the back of the sofa for a few spare sheckles.

·
My name is Martin
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, fcuk me, I've now got £400!!!!

I never thought I'd get this much, truly overwhelming. Keep the donations coming, let's see if I can make £500 :smoke:

·
My name is Martin
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks stevieb for your donation last night :tup:

£500 ! Sounds good Martin.
Can we pay more for you to keep it ? :pmsl:
Up to £410 now, so should hit £500 in the next few days fingers crossed. I'll keep it if I hit £1k, how's that?

·
Premium Member
11,239 Posts
For 1 month I will be sporting some rather perculiar facial hair...

Now I know some of you I'm sure already have beards etc, but for a young man like me who's just stepped out of puberty it isn't easy!

The object of this is to help raise awareness and funds for men's health - specifically prostate cancer. Unfortunately this has affected my Dad (Rosscobbc) this year, with his prostate being recently removed. He was one of 35,000 men who will be diagnosed this year. In the UK, average lifetime risk of prostate cancer is 1 in 10 with the risk increasing with age.

I'd be grateful if you can support me by donating to the Movember event organised alongside The Prostate Cancer Charity.

To donate please click on this link

I will put up a picture of my progress in a few days but this was how I looked when I did it last year

So on account of me looking rather silly for a month and that Prostate cancer is a rather serious issue amongst us men I'd be grateful if you donate, even if it's a small amount.

If you want to take the piss out of the gingerness of the face pubes or saying that I look like a YMCA resident, that's fine, but the rule is you have to donate first. Then you can rip into me all you want :D

Thanks!

Martin

(Si, if you could make this a sticky till end of Nov that will be great)
Hi Martin,

If you will take a cheque you can chalk me up for £20. Will need a name and address to send cheque to.

Sorry i wont do any transactions on line see this thread,

http://www.rodsnsods.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4903

If you have any doubts as to my credentials i am sure Si (roadrunna) will vouch for me.

Good luck, and who knows (re post #19) you may have to keep the moustache for the rest of your life if you raise enough money :shake: could always sing YMCA on karaoke nights with a leather jacket and cap should look the part. :pmsl:

On a serious note i hope i never have to avail myself of their services. :(

Cheers.

Russ. 07762 - 747643.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts