Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Who promised you tomorrow
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks hoping someone can shed some light on something I'm after.

I've got a couple of bike engine cases I'm in the middle of polishing up but having problems getting into a few areas. I seem to remember a mate of mine years ago having some polishing pencils of sorts. Basically like a pencil but had some sort of fibre ends on them. Used to get in between the cooling fins etc.

Has anyone every used anything like these and know where they can be bought? I'd search for them but haven't a clue what they're called. I'd ask my mate but he's in NZ I think.

Thanks in advance

Cheers Dan:tup:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I bought some years ago, think they came from eastwoods, a selection of six in a cassette box, ill pull em out and have a look for suppier name

·
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought some years ago, think they came from eastwoods, a selection of six in a cassette box, ill pull em out and have a look for suppier name
Rodster that seems to ring a bell, I'm sure my mates came in a natty little box in a few different sizes. I'm talking quite a few ago here aswell, maybe 20!!!

I have to add I'm not after a show quality job. I'm just dead lucky both the cases are in really good nick and don't need too much of a tickle to look nice.

Appreciate your help

Cheers:smoke:

·
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Sid

Yep that seems to look like the jobbie I remember. Really good for polishing in between raised engine numbers, carb parts etc.

Nice one fella, have a Maplin's near by.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts