Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rod'a'holic
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting in traffic and there is a wallop in the rear, fortunately I still had my foot on the brake so did not shoot forward.

Polo lost

Rear panel is pushed in where the carrier fits and one of the exhausts is bent. Have a proper look tonight if there is any other damage.

One upset Polo driver.

No one hurt so all ok.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,349 Posts
Bugger! That spare rim saved you though.:tup: A mate had the same on his A Tudor many years back, so far back it wrote off the ALLEGRO that hit it !. Unfortunately he did receive some damage to the real panel and wooden floor.

·
Registered
365 Posts
That spare rim was at the right height to inflict some serious damage. Good to hear nobody got hurt. These minor shunts always take forever to sort out. My last one took ten months where a car came onto a roundabout and caught me in the side as I was going round. The driver and his insurance co. had the cheek to suggest it was my fault. Total damage was less than £1000 but they faffed around for ages.

·
Registered
316 Posts
We had a landrover 110 hicap pickup a while back - it had a meaty adjustable towbar hitch on the rear - some daft wench drove into the back of it at 30mph - her car - toatallywritten off - landrover - not a single scratch!! Drove off happy as larry while she had to wait to be recovered lol!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
This happened to my wife a few weeks ago; young lad ran into the back of her RR with factory tow bar. 100 pounds to touch up the scratches on the bumper of hers, total front end rebuild on his. Still he did pay up immediately so no need for the insurance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts