Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the Rezin Rockit is due for a full Polybush makeover.

So this is a kit available from floflex Ford Cortina MK4, MK5, Front & Rear Bush Set (inc Cross Member) - FloFlex

Cost is £152.00 plus shipping, probably £160.00 landed.

I have looked at the parts and tried to identify and align the various bushes with parts of the front and rear suspensions and crossmember

I have failed……

Has anyone done this swap before and used these products?

If so, based on this photo from the advertising online, can you identify where they,go ?

And related to this as far as I can see, the rear has a 16mm Anti Roll Bar which I do not believe has bushes in the kit.

So question no 2 for anyone who knows their Fords……….

Is there a bush kit, or way to replace these bushes?

The one is a double with the one side having a 12mm bolt keeping it in place, the outer diameters are 25 and 30mm for the two ends where they are bushed.

Any advice, thank you.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Go to super pro web site and buy once buy quality, the images should give you an idea of what goes where, all bushes are marked up so you know where they go, ive fitted plenty of these bushes to landrover over the years, very forgiving and nearly impossible to damage when fitting.

Reactions: grizz

·
Premium Member
14,686 Posts
if you can't get the rear anti roll bar bushes have someone with a lathe makes them for you. to be honest those ones never gave any problems like the fronts on cortina's. i can honestly say i've never ever had to replace them for an mot and i've had/worked on hundreds of them over time.
re the kit you list, it's all pretty self explanatory where they go once you have them in hand and offer them up. also as it'll be a toy not a daily driver i wouldn't worry too much about them wearing prematurely either.
neil.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to super pro web site and buy once buy quality, the images should give you an idea of what goes where, all bushes are marked up so you know where they go, ive fitted plenty of these bushes to landrover over the years, very forgiving and nearly impossible to damage when fitting.
if you can't get the rear anti roll bar bushes have someone with a lathe makes them for you. to be honest those ones never gave any problems like the fronts on cortina's. i can honestly say i've never ever had to replace them for an mot and i've had/worked on hundreds of them over time.
re the kit you list, it's all pretty self explanatory where they go once you have them in hand and offer them up. also as it'll be a toy not a daily driver i wouldn't worry too much about them wearing prematurely either.
neil.
Thank you guys.

Neil, looks like Rallydesign are going to make more money out of me.

Anyone got a PASSENGER side lower trailing arm to sell?

Or know where a new one can be procured??

Seems we have a problem Houston.

Some Brain Surgeon welded the bush in on the leading end.

Welded both sides.

PM please if you do.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorted.

·
Premium Member
14,686 Posts
no, the bush outer is just the thin tube bit surrounding the rubber.
neil.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,270 Posts
DON'T fully poly bush the back end , something will break as the standard geometry is crap . It's also the reason the used the 'void' bush to give a degree of compliance ie to stop it breaking.

The trick is to replace the void bush with the solid rubber heavy duty estate version . Urethan the rest but adding teh estate bush will make it handle well but not break something .

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DON'T fully poly bush the back end , something will break as the standard geometry is crap . It's also the reason the used the 'void' bush to give a degree of compliance ie to stop it breaking.

The trick is to replace the void bush with the solid rubber heavy duty estate version . Urethan the rest but adding teh estate bush will make it handle well but not break something .
Thank you

this is going to be an 800kg kitcar.

I guess wear will be relatively low.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts