Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
as anyone been to Pomona ? thinking of going next year, any tips, places to stay, places to avoid.
Cheers,
Gal

·
I'm Not Jed Clampett
2,725 Posts
Went to Pomona the year before last for the LA Roadster's show and swapmeet in June. Bought quite a lot of stuff at the swapmeet; I was buying SBC stuff mostly but there was lots of flattie stuff on sale as you'd expect. As well as the main event, local rodshops, SoCal etc. hold open evenings during the show week which are really interesting to visit.

For accomodation, depends what you're looking for really, there's plenty of low cost motels etc. nearby, we had no problem finding a room during the show week, so you might want to sort somewhere you're comfortable with once you've arrived there. We found that downtown Pomona was a bit rundown, and struggled to find anything other than Mc Donalds type places to eat in the evening without taking a long drive.

HTH

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for info. Have already tried a couple of local hotels for show week, but there fully booked. Getting on a bit now so like a bit of comfort & her indoors as given me orders " no crap"

Went to Pomona the year before last for the LA Roadster's show and swapmeet in June. Bought quite a lot of stuff at the swapmeet; I was buying SBC stuff mostly but there was lots of flattie stuff on sale as you'd expect. As well as the main event, local rodshops, SoCal etc. hold open evenings during the show week which are really interesting to visit.

For accomodation, depends what you're looking for really, there's plenty of low cost motels etc. nearby, we had no problem finding a room during the show week, so you might want to sort somewhere you're comfortable with once you've arrived there. We found that downtown Pomona was a bit rundown, and struggled to find anything other than Mc Donalds type places to eat in the evening without taking a long drive.

HTH

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
It used to be good,you have to be aware of Mexican gangbangers that hang out there tho'. The Long Beach swap is better, its smaller but you can see it all. Do Pomona and you'll be walking MILES.....and remember where you parked your car!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
We have a comfy room we rent out if you are interested. We are about 40 mins from Pomona, but ony about 10 mins from downtown Huntington Beach. If you want yu can give me a call at my work Dan Fink Metalworks 714 841 6200

John

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Get to the swop meet early as they start packing away early.
The NHRA world finals are amazing.
If you like Tiki stuff I know a brilliant kitsch place to rent with a pool just off HWY10 in Pasadena, bit pricey but a great base for LA
Al

1 - 10 of 10 Posts