Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me a definitive answer please on the inner and outer wheel bearing combo when putting anglia hubs on to pop spindles for a disc conversion? Also, I've heard that a spacer is required to make this work. Can anyone confirm? Thanks guys

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,074 Posts
I can't give a definitive on the Anglia hub but you certainly have to make a spacer on the Herald conversion.

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
I can't give a definitive on the Anglia hub but you certainly have to make a spacer on the Herald conversion.
Ditto. I not sure if an anglia conversion requires spcers at all actually, since I heard it is 'Bolt on', but with a Triumph conversion you do need a spacer, and the bearings need swapping (I think it is Pop inners, Triumph outers). The Wheel bearings could well be the same combo, only not using the Triumph but the Anglia bearings.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that. This is taken from Marts page "Outer bearing same as Pop. Inner bearing different on Anglia, but Pop bearing is same series, and is a direct swap." At the risk of sounding stupid, can I ask what "the same series" is? If the outer bearing is the same for the anglia and pop, and you have to use the pop inner bearing surely it's easier to get a pop inner & outer? Or am I missing something? Thanks guys

·
MR UN-POPULAR
2,678 Posts
new bearings are available that are a mix off the pop inner and the 105e outer halfs that allow you to fit the 105e hub to the 103e spindle! the part number you ned for the new bearing is 07098 07210X. got mine from my local bearing supplier for £17.50 each

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
new bearings are available that are a mix off the pop inner and the 105e outer halfs that allow you to fit the 105e hub to the 103e spindle! the part number you ned for the new bearing is 07098 07210X. got mine from my local bearing supplier for £17.50 each
Thanks very much, that simplifies things. Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts