Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have pop browns changed ownership recently ??

Never had a problem before, good service as I can remember, mind you been a while since I have used them.
Anyway Ordered some bits last week, they said you will recieve the parts Fri of last week, but failed to supply.

Been trying all morning to contact them, no answer just an answer phone ??

Has anyone else had a problem with them in the past few weeks ???

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Phoned all day again today, still no answer ??? Why do people say yeah no problem, take your
Payment details & not deliver the goods ???

Would be nice if they answered the poxy phone or at least phone me back
after leaving up teen messages !!!

Pissed off or what !!!! :shake:

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
No real excuse in this modern day of mobile phones and email to get back to someone in a reasonable time Bob.
Phoned all day again today, still no answer ??? Why do people say yeah no problem, take your
Payment details & not deliver the goods ???

Pissed off or what !!!! :shake:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No real excuse in this modern day of mobile phones and email to get back to someone in a reasonable time Bob.
Russ

Your right !! I find this bloody dam right rude... When they can't be arsed to reply to left messages !!!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cant you buy what you want elsewhere.

Wouldnt buy of that company as you can buy loads off what they sell for a lot cheaper if you shop around
I left the final message at the end of play today , saying if they can't supply what I have ordered, I will look else where, but
the problem I have they have taken my payment details.

The bloody stuff should been delivered to me last Friday ??

·
Registered
945 Posts
Sadly, they seem to have killed the business that Kris built up in such a short time. I don't even bother to look at the stall at shows anymore. and they won't know what you were asking about, if you had a question. Always liked dealing with Kris, and still good friends with him, so very sad to see his business end like this.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Parts turned up today...but still a annoyed to why they didn't reply to my messages ??
would have been a lot happier finding out why the delay !!

Anyway got there in the end, my little drip over !!

Won't be using them again !!!

·
Administrator
9,798 Posts
Sadly, they seem to have killed the business that Kris built up in such a short time. I don't even bother to look at the stall at shows anymore. and they won't know what you were asking about, if you had a question. Always liked dealing with Kris, and still good friends with him, so very sad to see his business end like this.
Not strictly true, it's a very steep learning curve for them but they are beginning to get a handle on it. Kris used a very antiquated system for his stock - it worked well for him as he had all the info in his head & knew where to look, but to newcomers it's very haphazard and difficult to master.

I'm in no way affiliated with them, but did spend some time with them over the weekend and we discussed the problems he is encountering. He is hoping to update the website to make it more manageable, and is building a database of all of Pop Brown's stock so he can run it more efficiently.

Hopefully when they have settled in they will get it back to how it was for service. It will take a long time to gain even half of Kris's knowledge.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
How long would it take to put a message on there website and answering machine saying sorry for disruption and please bare with us over the next few weeks.Oh as quick as that .

·
Registered
945 Posts
:yeahthat: And of course the 'damage' will be done by then, as people find others places to shop. I'm afraid that M&M just don't know rods, rodders. or rodding. Great for materials, etc, brought from them myself in the past, and prob will in the future, but they hardly know the 'basic standard' models (A,B,T, 34,37, etc, etc) if you speak to them, a shame I know, but maybe a bit of studying before, during, and now would have helped with the basic's.
And totally agree about never having Kris's knowledge, few do.

·
Administrator
9,798 Posts
I'm not defending M&M, but I will defend the point about knowledge.

Taking over any business is not easy (I know, I've done it) and Kris just struggled to sell Pop Browns. M&M took it over - but I suspect more for the reason that someone should rather than they were dying to carry on the company.

If they lack knowledge, then we should help them - if Pop Browns dies we will have lost a valueable source of supplies - and a lot of it is not available elsewhere.

I agree that they should make a point of contacting customers though, 1st rule of business! - keep your customers happy.

Re the website - not so easy to do if you are not website savvy.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
At least if they keep in contact with the customer they can explain what the situation, that they are on a learning curve, that they are doing there best, most time the customer will be happy with this and will understand why parts are taking longer to arrive than expected.

·
Premium Member
6,696 Posts
blackpopracing, you said that Chris was struggling to sell the business, I follow most of the 'hot rod' forums, and not once did I see that 'Pop Browns' was for sale, so I can only imagine how hard it was to sell! I would have been VERY interested in buying it (I know I could have improved his wiring kits as the instructions were 'basic' to say the least!)
It is the type of business that needs rodders running it, which unfortunately they are not.(JMHO)

Gary.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts