Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
stitchmeister
twin turbo LS 59 chevy apache
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a pop in this week that has got fixed pespex windows and ive got to change back to wind up ones .
i need to get some glass for it so need to find someone local to me that can cut to size when i template it , the pop is chopped but didnt know if i could get away with original pop glass ?? with out cutting it down ??
so 3 questions
anyone used a glass company close to me ...evesham wr11 7qf
has anyone got any chopped pop glass for sale
anyone got any standard pop glass ?? if it doesnt need cutting

·
stitchmeister
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont think they are still there !!!! but after i got them done were i did and told everone how much they cost i had a few replies back from other guys that had done the same but paid alot less than me !!!!!
i did amys 100e about 4 years ago !!
just a refresh , it is sit up and beg that im sorting at the moment

·
Dazed & Confused
3,507 Posts
Hi again Chris!

You will probably find that a chopped door will be different from car to car, depending on how the chop was done, so its probably best to get new glass cut.

Any local windscreen firm should be able to cut the glass for you.

Window surrounds may also need extra bits in them to "join the gaps"

Cheers
Ron

·
stitchmeister
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers ron
ordered new fibre glass serounds to chop down but still trying to find local firm to cut and polish and tuffen glass for me .
i only like going on recomendation on stuff like that .
cheers again
chris

·
Registered
488 Posts
Glass

Hi there Chris
the name of someone that i know can do it BUT is a long way from you is

Addison Glassworks
Walnut tree close
Guildford
Surrey

They have two probs for you i think of course the distance, maybe they will do mail order i.e you send them a pattern (cheap perspex from b&q ?)

the other is cost i made them aware that i would want Toughened AND current markings (check with Kev Rooney i've forgotten) and for that they estimated about a ton each window:shock:

all a bit useless this info maybe but if you have to have it they can do it.

i'm going that route when my pop is "up to scratch" and nothing else big needs doing (200 bigguns does a lot of other stuff)

Glenn

·
stitchmeister
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for that :tup:
my customer has got fixed perspex at the moment and wants wind up glass !! when i did my wifes one piece windows on her 100e im sure i only paid about £50 for the pair !!!!!!! but i think the company i used is no longer !!!
ill keep searching .......cheers

·
Fruit & Nut Case
2,100 Posts
A mate of mine is a glazier in N London (a bit far for you) but he cuts car glass from the part of the sheet with the markings before he toughens them. I dont think it was even £50 a piece last time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts