Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I know this is gonna sound stupid I'm fitting the front and rear screen rubbers to a chopped pop, is the lip on the inside or the outside. It looks right both ways now but I thought the slot that the window sits in should be on the inside, this is a case of looking but not taking notice, thanks for any help

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi I know this is gonna sound stupid I'm fitting the front and rear screen rubbers to a chopped pop, is the lip on the inside or the outside. It looks right both ways now but I thought the slot that the window sits in should be on the inside, this is a case of looking but not taking notice, thanks for any help
Hi POPS,

The front screen goes in from inside the cab, so I would say the slot that the screen sits in should be on the inside.

Not sure about the rear though, I would think this would be the same as the front.

I should be fitting mine later this year so would be interested for any info on the rear.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that mike, talked to Chris at Pop Browns today,he talked me through the fitting technique with a good bit of advice, the rear is the same as the front with the glass being fit to the rubber first then the rubber being fit from the inside as you said. One thing he did say it's a two man job the guy on the inside putting the pressure on the glass against the opening take your time with the corners because the car is chopped the corners are tight so take your time or you will rip the rubber also a piece of string run around the inside of the rubber opening that fits into the bodywork then as you pull the string out it pulls over the body work if you know what I mean, probably teaching you to suck eggs but just passing on the info if it helps John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts