Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi there,i live in Stevenston about 2 miles from where this is meant to be.I havent heard anything about it myself but i'll see if i can find anything out!Would be great to have a dragstrip on my doorstep!

·
Registered
676 Posts
I heard of this probably about 12 - 18 months ago, never heard anything more since.

Would be great if it comes but as a lot of these ideas fail through local red tape, not to mention finance problems.

I'd certainly be a regular supporter if it comes true :cool:

·
Registered
12,503 Posts
It would be nice to have a drag strip a bit more accessable from London - don't say North Weald (the M25 and most 'A' roads have better traction!)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just to let you's know,i went down to the Nobel site last Friday for a mooch about.Could'nt really see much work being done on this world class drag strip,ahem!!The only thing i could see done was some sand had been moved behind the building thats supposed to be the main resteraunt etc.The building itself is still derelict!What i did do was i spoke to a guy that runs a Karting track on a different area of the site.He said that he had heard about it and they had started the ground work but like i say i could'nt really see that much done!Call me a sceptical mother fucker but i'll believe it when i see it what with things the way they are just now and councils saying they have no money etc!I'll keep my fingy's crossed though and if i here or see any progress i'll let you's know:tup:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Crail is piss the guy wont spend money on it £££££££
only trying to piss of neighbours to get planning permission
for housing (must make a small fortune from the hot hatch brigade )
my opinion only of course :D

·
Registered
429 Posts
Just found this thread, i'm just 'doon the road' in Dundonald.
If it happens it'll be great!
I was in the Nobel Park a few weeks ago and never saw anything happening either?
We live in hope.......

·
Registered
169 Posts
A quick update here!Got my local paper today and heres the lataest!"In early February the proposed plans to build the Nobel Race Park were delayed when Enviromental Health advise that the application could not progress at this time due to insufficient information regarding 'operational noise levels'.There has also been an objection lodged by North Ayrshire Councils planning department recently which claimed the project is contrary to the local plan which has the site zoned as an industrial area.The objector also claimed the proposal will have a detremental impact on parking and transport and they have additional concerns about the enviromental and amenity impacts on neighbouring land uses". :wanker:
I honestly think this is a joke as this site has been virtually unused fo 30 yrs!!!Trust me when i say there is no shortage of industrial sites lying empty in this area!!The estimate of 250,000 visitors to the Ayrshire coast by 2014 and 50 full time and 150 part time jobs in this area obviously doesnt really matter to these jobsworth red tape fuckwits!!:sniper:
Thats it for now.Stay tuned to this bat channel for any more updates!!:bigsmile:

·
Registered
429 Posts
"Operational noise levels?" FFS,It used to be a site for making explosives.........!
It's well away from heavy populations for that very reason,not to mention all the sand banks would have a sound deadening effect .....

As you say the PC,jobsworth assholes just want to spoil our fun,hell the Three toons could use some employment opportunities.
Keep us posted Kustom,BTW how's the Chevy coming along?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts