Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

16781 - 16800 of 16832 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
I know an Apple Mac uses a different operating system to computors that use thw Microsoft Windows system. Hopfully someone on here that is Mac Savvy will soon be along and help you out. When I was talking to my grandaughter the other day she told me she now has to do things differently now she has got and a Mac computer.

·
richard rawlplug
8,114 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,296 Posts
new residents? like people who move next to an airport and moan about the noisy planes all the time (n)

·
Registered
828 Posts
new residents? like people who move next to an airport and moan about the noisy planes all the time (n)
Oh yes..... Like my mate who had an established garage in a residential street. All the newbies that moved in could only afford to do so because the garage was there. Once living there they did nothing but moan and complain to get him shut down so their house prices increased. Then when he sold it for development they moaned about all the building works. When the 7 or so town houses were built and sold, they moaned that they couldn't get parked because of all the extra cars. W*nkers the lot of 'em.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Seems like most race venues have their moaners, sadly Shakespeare county raceway closed a couple of years ago and the Pod have had a couple groups complaining about noise etc, I believe it may have been Mallory park that was forced to close due to complaints to local councils :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
An ancient trug making firm near here that had been in business for hundreds of years was closed down because a towney incomer didn't like the smoke and smell caused by the steaming of the willow. He was the only neighbour to ever do so. World's gone mad you couldn't make it up!

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
I thought it was Mallory but I was not sure.

Town'es like to see our heritage crafts so long as it is not in the place that they have decide to make their backyard with no consideration for the locals that have been there for generations. ARSOLES. Next thing is they will want to is for farms to be shut down because they can smell manure.

·
Registered
875 Posts
We can sometimes hear Castle Combe from here on racedays, depending on the way the wind's blowing. Great! However, there are people that moan which meant they had to limit the days. Castle Combe has been running since 1950, so to remember any different you'd have to be well over 70. If you take this wider, there's people who won't face up to any of their actions. For example, the A350 passes through a village near here and as far back as I can remember traffic has been heavy on this road. Unless somebody's 102, most will have moved in during this period and yet there are still protests for a bypass. They must have seen/heard the traffic when they bought the place.

16781 - 16800 of 16832 Posts