Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

16801 - 16820 of 16832 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
We can sometimes hear Castle Combe from here on racedays, depending on the way the wind's blowing. Great! However, there are people that moan which meant they had to limit the days. Castle Combe has been running since 1950, so to remember any different you'd have to be well over 70. If you take this wider, there's people who won't face up to any of their actions. For example, the A350 passes through a village near here and as far back as I can remember traffic has been heavy on this road. Unless somebody's 102, most will have moved in during this period and yet there are still protests for a bypass. They must have seen/heard the traffic when they bought the place.
Same as the people moaning about the noise at Bruntingthorpe... unless you lived there before WW2 STFU.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
^ Saw that happen at a early drag race meeting a Duxford. From quarter of a mile saw this thing disappearing into space. When they got the car back to the pits there was a big hole in the floor pan. The guy was very lucky not to lose his foot.

·
Registered
12,501 Posts
Was at the Pod a few years ago when a car going over the finish line had a transmission explosion - despite safety netting a fragment from the transmission hit a spectator on the earth banking - who died soon after........

·
Registered
414 Posts
^ Saw that happen at a early drag race meeting a Duxford. From quarter of a mile saw this thing disappearing into space. When they got the car back to the pits there was a big hole in the floor pan. The guy was very lucky not to lose his foot.
Don Garlits lost some of his foot

·
Stroker
5,463 Posts
Biege a colour?

Saw a fab Honda Deauville (imo :LOL:) gonna do some touring etc, and saw the colour declared as biege!?

My colour sight is poor but I see bronze or summat!?

Ok, I'm getting on a bit now but I certainly ain't got any Farah slacks, cardy and grey loafers in my wardrobe, yet.

Wonder if I am now old guy Dullsville colour blind :oops:
Mind, the built in panniers will hold slippers, pipes, baccy and jazz mags a plenty.

·
Premium Member
14,296 Posts
if that's beige then all the silver cars and bikes out there are grey. it's gold (a shade of gold anyway) which is metallic beige in the same way as silver is metallic grey.
neil.

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
It must be the seller with the eye problem as these were the colours available for the bike:
  • 2006: Blue, gold
  • 2007: Black, grey, red, brown
  • 2008: Black, silver, red
  • 2009-2013: Black, silver, red, white

16801 - 16820 of 16832 Posts