Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is a long shot. I’m. Wanting to buy a fuel tank from the US. The vendor has been quoted over $800 post. Is there anyone here who has large items important or can. Recommend a courier that can get it to the U.K. ?
Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just had a delivery of a fuel tank and other parts from Speedway Motors. Couldn’t tell you how much for the postage just for the tank, but they use DHL for shipping

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am looking for a tank for a 54 chevy and on ebay they are around $250 with $200 shipping to the UK from the USA, through the ebay scheme you can also pay the duty before hand which is pretty cheap.

Mal

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ok so I’ve had a check and shipping was $580, that was for two boxes, fuel tank in one and numerous parts in the other. Both boxes were around the same size and weight. Hope that helps

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so I’ve had a check and shipping was $580, that was for two boxes, fuel tank in one and numerous parts in the other. Both boxes were around the same size and weight. Hope that helps
Thanks for that. It’s a motorcycle fuel tank I’m. Wanting. A big one but. Won’t weigh what you imported. I get the feeling he cant be bothered to post it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am looking for a tank for a 54 chevy and on ebay they are around $250 with $200 shipping to the UK from the USA, through the ebay scheme you can also pay the duty before hand which is pretty cheap.

Mal
I bought my fuel Injecting off eBay and pad using their global shipping. It went missing and eBay weren’t interested. I won’t use them again. Be careful pay with PayPal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts