Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I,ve just been down to my local BP to fill my 20 litre jerry can with petrol. It is a proper jerry can not some lashed up affair. The attendant wouldn't let me fill the can because it is now against the law to store more than 10 litres of petrol at home. Is this bollox or what? How are we going to manage to do a weekend of racing without jerry cans? Bloody arseholes in charge of this country I hope their balls swell up and fester.

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
yep,i had the same thing at the Esso station on the A45. phuckin jobsworth's. Even though i was going to a racetrack and not home. The stupid bint serving didn't have a brain to be able to see past some jokers rules.
I use the Shell just off junc 15 M1 now. No problems there..

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
its not like they dont charge enuf the fuckin dirty whore shit kunts,douse the kunts with it n see if they argue then wankers,sorry for the rant.:wanker:

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
the rules are bit late if the cans already full :D

never had any problem filling my can, afterall, why do they make a 20ltr jerry can if you arent meant to use it?

I thought the rule was that you could only store two containers (avoided the twocan joke:incheek:) at home.

maybe its all changed again.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I,ve just been down to my local BP to fill my 20 litre jerry can with petrol. It is a proper jerry can not some lashed up affair. The attendant wouldn't let me fill the can because it is now against the law to store more than 10 litres of petrol at home. Is this bollox or what? How are we going to manage to do a weekend of racing without jerry cans? Bloody arseholes in charge of this country I hope their balls swell up and fester.
my mate has usually got 500 litres of 100ll at home hes not allowed to keep it at the airfield!

·
"call 0-800 Apocalypse"
5,229 Posts

·
Compulsive chicken choker
6,361 Posts
I always fill mine up at the pump furthest from the kiosk and make sure I'm standing in the way of it & try to make it look like I'm filling up the car not a can.

It also helps that one of my local garages is run by foreign gentlemen who don't seem to have much of a grasp on the English language so I reckon that our in-depth rules & regs are perhaps beyond some of them.

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
I always fill mine up at the pump furthest from the kiosk and make sure I'm standing in the way of it & try to make it look like I'm filling up the car not a can.

It also helps that one of my local garages is run by foreign gentlemen who don't seem to have much of a grasp on the English language so I reckon that our in-depth rules & regs are perhaps beyond some of them.
As is the Shell station on the A45.:tup:

·
www.53catalina.co.uk
2,454 Posts
I guess, :incheek:, no one would be storing 20 ltrs at home anyway.

Surely its for the other car, which has run out of fuel, or the lawnmower, so wont be stored but will be put to good use immediately....:tup:

·
Rods n Sods is Funkie
419 Posts
SO a 20 liter can is more dangerous than a 100 liter fuel tank:?::?::?:

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
THe leaflet says nothing about filling the can at a petrol station only storing at home, so there nothing stoppng you filling the can.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
THe leaflet says nothing about filling the can at a petrol station only storing at home, so there nothing stoppng you filling the can.
You try telling that to one of our 'not so local' cousins with a slightly darker shade of skin that can hardly speak English!!!!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I've filled my 20 ltr jerry can and 2 x 5 ltr plastic cans at the same time from various filling stations around the King's Lynn area , never had a problem.

But then us Naarfuk boys don't do rules very well :D

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've filled my 20 ltr jerry can and 2 x 5 ltr plastic cans at the same time from various filling stations around the King's Lynn area , never had a problem.

But then us Naarfuk boys don't do rules very well :D
Well thats strange because this particular garage is only about 10 miles from Kings Lynn.

·
Heavy Oiler
2,504 Posts
you can store 20ltrs at home, must be in 2 x 10ltr cans or a 10ltr and 2 x 5ltr!

it's all here http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/Kent/factsheets/FS40NEW nov07 petrolhome.pdf
Petroleum Spirit (Motor Vehicles etc) Regulations 1929 or the Petroleum Spirit (Plastic Containers) Regulations 1982 which remain in force. These Regulations allow 2 x 10 litre capacity metal vessels or 2 x 5 litre plastic containers to be carried on a vehicle specifically as a supplementary fuel for that or some other combustion engine.

To be fair to the so called "jobsworth" He / she was probably operating under orders from management. As all petrol stations now days have CCTV, they probably couldn't turn a blind eye. Id do agree, it is annoying, but the fault lies above the cashiers head.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts