Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I'm after a SOLID pre 60 pick up. Ideally a chevy. Must be drivable and must be V8, would prefer one that lowered/clipped etc.

Monies waiting for the right motor.

Hope somebody can help my search.

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
rustydicks has a '59 Chevy with V8 in stock right now in Luton.
I have a '57 and a '58 ready to shipover, could build what you want depending on budget. Obviously getting me to build one could be dearer than finding one already done and over here that somebody wants shot of, but at least it could be built to exactly what you want.
Cheers,
Jim

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Ray, Let me know if you do find anything. I will consider manual. Im more trying to find a driving project that only requires a smallish amount of work, dont mind cosmetic bodywork as long as its solid and mechanically good. Something more like your driveway fixer than major overhaul.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Rustydicks, I do love the F100 and I really did think about it as it looks cool as f*ck but it has no V8 unfortunately. With regards to the 59, can you give any more detail about it, how solid is the body, any rust problems, what are the mechanicals like, does it have disc brakes/ power steering, does it need 12v conversion or ant rewiring etc?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Bagged chevy

Will be for sale soon v8 350 / 350 combo 10 bolt rear s10 clip needs registering will be able to give a price once on the road and registered

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,742 Posts
what about a '62 Chevy? Only needs an MOT once a year, no
problem if you keep it right. This one just in, V8 auto, has torsion bar front suspension and coil spring rear, so easy to get somebody to change it to air bags if you wanted to go that route. It started right up and drove out of the container the other day, brakes are working, as are lights, and wipers, etc. Haven't been through it yet, but I'll be MOTing and registering it before sale.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
hi
i have been offered this c10 if anyone is interested i can get it here 6 weeks approx

Daily driver and runs really good. V8 small block, turbo 350 trans. Has 3inch lowering springs in rear and 1" up front. Mechanically very sound.
Nice interior with stereo. New rims and tires. All lights and wipers work. Defroster works. Has bunch of extra bits for it. Body pretty solid as is, all glass is good.
£7500

1 - 20 of 28 Posts