Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

761 - 780 of 781 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #762 ·
Did the deal fall through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well Fozwanger, it has been 14 days and apart from 2 emails (from him) and one phone call plus 5 emails (from me), no money has changed hands and no date for collection has been made ....so it looks likely - although the "buyer" has 400+100% positive feedback.

·
Premium Member
14,229 Posts
out again! and where's the gratuitus burnout pic then? :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #766 ·
The "buyer" has asked me to cancel the sale......so I now have to wait before I can relist it. So I will have a bit more tinkering time!

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #768 ·
As it looks likely that I will have the car for a few more days.... Looking at the car I would like to raise the rear ride height (- and I do have the other set of coil-over shocks with std length springs). I would also like to fit a front hinge arrangement for the front end so that it is a flip front... and get the front a bit lower. Then there are more electrics to sort.........
Mygasser.......the thought has never crossed my mind ....:yeahthat:

·
Premium Member
14,229 Posts
add a comfy passenger's seat, a/c and a quiet exhaust and that hurdle's closer to being overcome.
neil.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #774 ·
Just to update, I have had to put the BGT back in the garage and surround it with "Stuff" so that I can fit an MX5 into the garage. So no more work done.
I cannot relist it yet due to "Rules"......But - should I ask a higher price now that I have driven it?

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
So here's the strategy.

!. "This is what I was worried about Dear, that no-one would be serious about buying the car in an unfinished state"
2. "so therefore I should get it roadworthy to enable the sale, or we're gonna be stuck with it forever"
3. Enjoy bringing car to a drivable condition.
4. Then say "Now we need to know how a prospective buyer would feel driving the car, I'm biased, perhaps YOU could go for a quick blast in it to gauge if its ready for sale"
5. SWMBO then proceeds to fall in love with the car, and you as loving hubby suggest that she keeps it for her personal use. You generously offer to gift the vehicle to her.
7. Of course, you need to maintain the vehicle properly, requiring you drive it to....the drag strip!!

Reactions: Dodgy

·
Premium Member
14,229 Posts
Just to update, I have had to put the BGT back in the garage and surround it with "Stuff" so that I can fit an MX5 into the garage. So no more work done.
I cannot relist it yet due to "Rules"......But - should I ask a higher price now that I have driven it?
yes.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #778 ·
Thanks for the advice people....However it got relisted automatically at 11.25 last night and sold at 11.35 on "Buy it Now" so I was not able to put a slightly increased price on after all! Still, the buyer is hoping to be able to collect tomorrow night.....

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #779 ·
The BGT has been paid for and collected....A good genuine buyer who travelled 270 miles today with his trailer and is now travelling 270 miles back tonight.
A small part of me was sorry to see it go but it was time for me to move on and for it to be moved on. I did enjoy the various challenges and was very pleased to finally drive it and prove that a pro street V12 BGT could be built.

Yes it was a very tight squeeze to get the trailer in and out!

761 - 780 of 781 Posts