Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my anglia...... some years ago i had a plan, build a street fighter 105e, rover power, 5 speed, big i mean BIG! arches and wide wheels......then i went to uni... great nooo money not two pennys to rub :( 3 years later a job what joy :) however it was working/living 40 odd miles from the car money, but little time.....finally i moved home got a job a few promotions now i have time and thanks to my ever so lovely sister money :) (love you sis) over time the plan has changed the street fighter no longer enough we are going serious now honey, full chassis, cage, tubs, a interesting rearuspesion idea.....hmmm and (hopefully) after wednesday a 383ci mopar power!!

right then sooo we had fitted the rover before uni and started repair work, then not alot happened for a few years....we started collecting parts, narrowed 9" tubes, box, chop saw JD squared bender, piller drill etc...

heres some pictures of the car as is, parts and equipment, hopefully it'll move rapidilly and i'll be up dating every week, but we'll have to see...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Right up date... collected 383ci big mopar :D on wednesday including pro billiet msd dizzy (see pics) also yesterday the rsj's for the chassis jig turned up, piller drill is now wired in and fuctioning, and have everything i need to install the tube bender installation should be next week. welder's on way soo all good yay!!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
looks like your on a roll now youve got all the gear, good luck m8 keep pics coming as you progress should be awsome :tup:

·
Official Drag Addict....
7,446 Posts
KINELL!!! i thought my garage was shiteap...................:pmsl:

no really, good luck with the project fella and if/while your tidying up you need a new home for the old tatty jaguar sump ill take it off your hands......:tup:

Sid... :smoke:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: project angle box!!! (the toy box!!!!)

KINELL!!! i thought my garage was shiteap...................

no really, good luck with the project fella and if/while your tidying up you need a new home for the old tatty jaguar sump ill take it off your hands......

Sid...
sid, got various jag bits lying around, inc two sumps, 4.2 head and triple carbs what you interested in????and the e-type front end hanging above the car see pics.

quick up date, dug a hole in the garage floor to mount the studs for the tube bender thats no been filled and drying nicely. added some more bracing to the body ready for the floor to be cut out, and done some more well neeeded tidying anyone want 47 cans of used engine oil??? also the observant of you may have noticed i've decided on a name for her 'the toy box' and she may end up looking very retro hmmmm.

next time i'm off shifts sat - tues, we'll cut out sections of the floor, do sill repairs, continue searching for a powerglide for mock up!!!! hint hint, and prep parts for sale, rover v8 anyone??? got 390 holly and JWR duel plain manifold?? then relax for easter :smoke:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
i have a freind with a e type hemay be interested in the bonet so how much and ill let him know

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have a freind with a e type hemay be interested in the bonet so how much and ill let him know
the e-type front is my dads, it is a first class fibre glass moulding, inc internal panels etc dad says he is open to sensible offers, we will be taking it down and moving it in the next week or so, so will post some pics if your friends interested. and go from there.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
so whay do you call a sensible offer and ill let him know has it ever been on a car for fit and gap puposes

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so whay do you call a sensible offer and ill let him know has it ever been on a car for fit and gap puposes
spoke to my dad he not sure yet till we've got it down had a good look will post/email pics for you. just to note have seen used fronts like for sale from £500 - £1000 and more. it looks to have been fitted in the past although we never have.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I thought you were meant to cover the engine up when spraying primer is this a new fad i have mist out on, Two Lane Blacktop gone Mad.
You are going mad with this should be a Barn Stormer when done, going by the C piller badge is it a Super Anglia i am an old Bodywork/Fitter man just a note E-type bonnets are all one off when they came new you had to trim and fold back the rear edge to fit to bulkhead or scuttle they came with 1.5 inch added to trim and to stop getting damaged in transit. Dont want to put a dampner on that but nothing worse than buying something and finding its 1 inch short, it happened to one of my customers but nice air gap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts