Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cracking start for a rod base on ebay just now. 66 scimitar coupe with straight six and triple carbs. sitting on wires. im miffed cos its down in sussex and im up in glasgow. ideal for sittin a model A pick-up body on.....period engine....no sva shit. obviously not me sellin it but gotta be ideal for someone here.:tup:

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,515 Posts
Scimitar ?I may be wrong but I thought the Sabre used the straight 6 ( Zodiac ) engine ? I never thought I'd say this but a Sabre is actually worth saving:oops::shock:

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
You learn something new every day...
I didn't know that they had a six for the first couple of years.
Predates the GTE which we all think of when you say Scimitar.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,515 Posts
You learn something new every day...
I didn't know that they had a six for the first couple of years.
Predates the GTE which we all think of when you say Scimitar.
Yup, I always think of the coupe as Sabre...oops . ' Smackhead' was a Scimitar Coupe ,still unusual enough to save :bigsmile:

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
back in about '79 I saw the Ogle design car which was the protoype for the GTE sitting outside The Clarendon Hotel in Hammersmith.

·
I't'd look betta in black
43 Posts
Looks like it's gone :sniff:

My mate was after the triples and head for his Mk3 Zephyr. I think Raymond Mays did the tuning for these? Anyone else who might have a set hanging around could they give me a PM? :tup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.