Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
541 - 560 of 560 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #542 ·
Well back home now and had this afternoon in the garage trying to get the starter motor working, after some filling and cutting and tried 3 times but it’s not going to work so on the look out for an original starter,bit gutted but I’ll carry on.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #543 ·
I’ve now ordered a se5a nos Lucas starter motor which should be here Monday, and I’ve been to Leeds to pick up my windscreen frame from the chrome platers at a cost of £120 , looks a million times better than before , just a bit sketchy at the corners but should be covered by the corner infills.
just need the rubber seal and some glass sealant to bed the glass in then it can be installed, more soon.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #544 ·
Hi does anyone know if popstalgia is on this weekend as I can’t find any info , we’ve booked a n hotel and meeting friends we haven’t seen for 2 years ,been looking forward to it since last year was cancelled,cheers.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #547 ·
This week’s bit of tinkering, after more filling and sanding I’m now happy with the shape of the bonnet and near side doors, so on with 3 coats of high build and this is the result
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Fixture Window
Vehicle Window Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
and now leave far a few days to harden then a flick over and the hopefully top coat , and we have now decided to put our house up for sale as we have put a bid on a house in Otley ,which is about half an hours drive from us and it’s where our two youngest grandsons have recently moved to.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #548 ·
So today’s tinkering involved a final flick over after filling some pin holes and small scratches yesterday then onto touch up the filler then topcoat today , and after this batch of 4 there’s only the off side doors and the rear hinge cover plate and then it’s all painted, a few pics for your delight.
Window Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Window Vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle door Automotive exterior
Wood Fixture Automotive exterior Building Gas
Wood Automotive design Floor Automotive exterior Gas
and I only ende up with a couple of runs on the front door at the belt line, cheers for now.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #549 ·
Well not a lot done since I did the painting on the doors and bonnet,but I’ve finally after years of nagging from her indoors given the garage a make over ending up with this
Sky Tree Wood Cloud Land lot
Plant Cloud Sky Architecture Road surface
but she’s been on about the extractor box saying it’s to go before Friday as they are photographing the house in readiness for going on sale . But I did manage to get the doors and bonnet fitted with the help of the son in law
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design
just got to line them up a bit better then there done,happy days.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #551 ·
Cheers mygasser, might give it a go if we get a dry couple of hours, although I’ve got some shiplap lengths to make a infill panel but it’s getting the time to make and paint and just last night I’ve been asked to do some taping and filling on drywall walls in four offices starting tomorrow morning so not much time.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #554 ·
cheers Geof, I’m really proud of what I’ve done, and finally got in touch with the interior guy ,just waiting for the carpet samples then hopefully he’ll make a start.

541 - 560 of 560 Posts