Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
561 - 569 of 569 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #562 ·
Cheers I aim to please, setting off home to day so hopefully Sunday on if I can get the garage warm enough there will be some paint splashed on the last of the doors .

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #563 ·
Merry Christmas to one and all for the up coming festivities,we hope you have a great day with families and friends, keith and Julie.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #564 ·
Hi, after what seems like an eternity filling and sanding I was happy with the finish ( the rear door was bad ,I had to do a lot of metal work to straighten the skin) , then it was time to splash some paint on which was today’s job,
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Gas Fender

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Automotive design Motor vehicle Gas Wood Office equipment

And Happy New Year to one and all.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #565 ·
Today’s little tinkering was , give the doors and console a flick over with 320 grade flour paper, then onto top coats,
Wood Gas Rectangle Machine Fixture

Wood Floor Flooring Motor vehicle Automotive design

Motor vehicle Window Vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Fixture Bumper Vehicle door
And I can only see one run on the side of the console,
Hood Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle door
and I have a small amount of mixed paint left for any touch ups, the paint work in general isn’t the best but for a driver and the odd show I can’t complain, may be after a cut and polish it should come up better, and that is the last of the painting done bar any chips or scratches , cheers for now

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #566 ·
Now that all the painting is done,I could finally get on with making the second half of the headlining, so yesterday I covered the roof with cardboard and packing tape then covered up the rest of the car then today I laid down 3 layers of fibreglass and resin and it’s now curing till tomorrow morning then it will be removed and all tape and cardboard discarded.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle

Car Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
2,343 Posts
You are brave to do that after painting the car, I would be scared of spoiling the new paint.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #568 ·
I wouldn’t say brave Taxirod ,more foolhardy, I did the same for the other side and only got 1 drip on the rear wing ,so more luck than bravery on my part.

561 - 569 of 569 Posts