Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
581 - 600 of 639 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #581 ·
Today’s progress, trimmed around the rear windows ,
fitted the trim under the rear window installed the rear seat belts and parcel shelf and glued some carpet around the boot emergency pull, then bolted on the rear quarter trim panels , there’s just the wheel arches to carpet then that’s the rear done,
Stairs Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Automotive exterior

Vehicle Motor vehicle Fixture Window Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Plant

Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive design Vehicle door
I’m working all next week so there won’t be much to show,cheers.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #583 ·
Well I can officially say I don’t like this working for a malarky,anyway 5 offices stairs and kitchen finished,so had 2 hours in the garage last night and finished off the drivers side door frames and B pillar and quite happy with the results,
Vehicle Motor vehicle Fixture Automotive design Window

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Sleeve Automotive lighting

Wood Clothes hanger Tints and shades Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Also on a brighter note we have now found a house , after viewing 12 houses and bidding on 2 and lost both, this one is next door to our daughter and grandsons , not on the market so just us buying it , just got to wait for probate to go through,fingers crossed it will happen and a new lifestyle change for the better, cheers for now.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #586 ·
cheers all , budetta, sadly no, a detached single garage with a proper roof, V6minor, hopefully this summer, I’ve been dreaming of the day , cheers for now, spending time with her in doors and friends from Ipswich in Stamford for the weekend.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #587 ·
Over the last 2 days I’ve started trimming the boot out , I’ve made the seat back and side panels and also where the amp is to be mounted,
Vehicle Stairs Automotive design Gas Tints and shades

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Fender Vehicle door
I’ve still to make a floor panel with an hinged door for small storage in the rear valence void, and also to make something to cover the fuel inlet pipe then splash some fibreglass around the amp mount, then the panels can be covered, and that will be the boot finished,plus the carpet and edge binding arrived today so hopefully my guy can make a start on that then it’s just the rear seat to do ,I may have to be on his case to crack on,cheers for now.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #589 ·
We have progress, interior guy turned up Saturday morning and started cutting the carpet to fit, the transmission tunnel got carpet glued on as well as the rear kick panel under the rear seat, he’s now on with binding the floor and rear trans tunnel carpets then they can be glued in place,
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Rectangle

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper
Meanwhile I’ve got the boot panels trimmed, then a couple of small jobs in the boot before installing them,
Fixture Floor Vehicle Vehicle door Flooring

Automotive tire Wood Drum Vehicle door Fender

Vehicle Door Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive tire
The floor panel needs trimming by 3mm each side and I need to make a panel for the boot lid
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
then carpet and the boot is complete, I’m well happy with the way the boot looks so far, cheers for now.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #591 ·
Today’s tinkering was, bolt in the rear seat back but first I had to remove the boot trim panels, then put the seat base in, it’s a snug fit, I’ve still to make 2 brackets to hold the base in place, and I’m pleased as punch with the seat,just as I’d imagined and comfy too ,the carpet is all in place and after I had carpeted the seat bases the front seats are bolted in too, I’ve just an issue with the pas ont seat ,if it’s slid too far forward it traps the seat belt against the b pillar so may have to restrict the forward travel, anyway less rabbiting on and have a gander at my new seats thanks .
Automotive tire Automotive design Grey Vehicle Rim

Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Head restraint

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Trunk
Ps and the seat belts fit as planed.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #593 ·
Over the last two days I’ve made and fitted 4 door cards held on with VW bettle trim clips and installed all the rivnuts to hold the Ford Corsair door pulls , now waiting on the interior guy,
Hood Motor vehicle Trunk Bumper Wood

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Wood

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Plant Automotive tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Trunk Bumper Hood
Next job is to finish off the dash wiring which includes the front electric window wiring and then install the dash and lower dash rail, cheers for now.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Steering part

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #594 ·
last part of the interior puzzle which is the door cards is now at the interior guys, I’ve got the boot finished too, also had a quick look at the indicators,I’ve got a earth problem some where also when the hazards are switched on they blow a fuse , hopefully it’s the same issue, cheers for now.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #595 ·
Yesterday I spoke to a guy about getting the car weighed, he races classic minis and uses corner weights so need to get it together asap , also I need to get a towbar fitted to my Citroen c4 grand Picasso then hire a trailer, it’s all coming together now.

·
Premium Member
15,153 Posts
Yesterday I spoke to a guy about getting the car weighed, he races classic minis and uses corner weights so need to get it together asap , also I need to get a towbar fitted to my Citroen c4 grand Picasso then hire a trailer, it’s all coming together now.
just a thought, the car's not much bigger than a mini. would the guy collect, weigh and return it for you with his trailer. i guess you'll be paying him to weigh it so you may as well pay him to collect and return it. it must be cheaper than getting a towbar fitted and hiring a trailer surely? a days wages for him must be cheaper than both of them?
as i say, just a thought.
neil.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #597 ·
Yes that’s a good idea mygasser, but I also need to move it when we move and get it to the testing station, and the mini man only has covered trailers which are low so my car won’t fit, so still pondering what to do but hoping to have it fully built in a couple of weeks so I can get that ticked off the list .

·
Premium Member
15,153 Posts
unless you think you'll use the towbar again after the car's finished then maybe get some quotes to do the moving for the weigh in and testing. there's plenty of 'our kind of people' who have recovery trucks (some on here) that i'm sure would be happy to move it for you.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #599 ·
Cheers mygasser,yes something to think about is use of towbar afterwards versus outlay, on a more somber note, her in doors has been in
the man cave and had me sorting out the shelves and under bench , she just stood hovering and telling me to get rid of stuff , now that was traumattic, I need a beer.

·
Premium Member
15,153 Posts
:rolleyes: do you go in her wardrobe and tell her to get rid of clothes or shoes? course you don't, lol. nod politely, move stuff around while she's watching and then put it all back when she's gone ;)
enjoy the beer.
neil.

581 - 600 of 639 Posts