Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
621 - 640 of 641 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #621 ·
Yes Lil Sammy, It’s all the little jobs that are taking too much time, like fitting the dash, got to finish and tidy the wiring but can’t till I’ve found the fault with the hazards,then had to fit the A post trims and now the dash needs the ends trimming down, and then another polish of the dash,and on and on, but it’ll get there.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #622 ·
So the shed of doom is no more, I’ve had a proper clear out and this is the result,
Wood Gas Shelving Motor vehicle Auto part
it’s taken about 3hours , years of leftover paint chucked, large scrap metal pile gone to the scrap man, and loads of leftover parts not to be used,
Road surface Asphalt Grey Tar Wood

Road surface Asphalt Gas Metal Auto part

Road surface Grey Asphalt Sidewalk Wood

Wood Road surface Asphalt Flooring Floor

Plant Table Hood Wood Outdoor furniture

Road surface Asphalt Wood Sidewalk Flooring
All parts available to anyone who wants them, free to collect cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,518 Posts
Great to see it all coming together , thanks for all the posts, I wouldn't worry whether you are going to enjoy driving it!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #626 ·
Hi I’ve been looking at steering wheels and I quite like the Grant style ones ,
Head Eye Font Screenshot Rectangle
like this can anyone see a problem with it for the test ,could the holes be an issue? cheers.

·
Premium Member
15,154 Posts
you could fit rounded grommets in the holes for the test. or sleeve/cover the 3 rim spokes completely, again for the test.
neil.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #628 ·
Cheers mygasser, but then I may have to cover the horn button as well, the Sierra one fitted at the mo needs a bloody good clean so will give it a go and see how it looks after,

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #629 ·
Update time again, I’ve been busy getting the windows installed,well I’ve one left to do, all the rear windows are installed and now the pass front electric window works , I glued the window track in with tiger seal , I’ve made a bracket to hold the opening non opening window closed, but I’m waiting for some 10 mm x 20 mm closed cell seal to bridge the gap from screen to the dash mounting lip, then the windscreen can be fastened shut, the dash is installed for the last time, I’ve also had to trim the column shroud to fit the padded lower rail, the drivers side kick panel needs altering for some foot room on the accelerator pedal,the centre console is in place so I can make some brackets to hold it in place, there’s not much to do now so it’s ready to get weighed, mainly the drivers window and finally the running boards and I still need to level the car up as it’s a bit low on the drivers side.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Vehicle door

Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Car

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel Automotive design

Hat Sleeve Gesture Grey Tints and shades
Cheers for now.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #631 ·
Hi blackpop , I glued 3 mm scrim foam then 4 way stretch carpet on top of the classic mini foam crash pad, all on top of the mini metal work , hope that helps.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #632 ·
I’ve spent a day with my dad reminiscing about our past , my dad comes from Castleford, he started working in Weldale pit at 15 , met mum in Featherstone and courted until they married in 1955 , she came from Wakefield and i was born on Lupset Estate until we moved to Airedale in Castleford July 1971, my dad being in the mines all his life , through the strikes they had to survive with the help of the soup kitchens, mum was not happy with that ,(she was a really proud mum, and it was hard for her to do that) , dad had a stroke 6 weeks ago and it hit him hard , he never asked for any help before , he was always the leader we looked up to , now he’s the old man we never thought he would be, my mum also had a number of small strokes which ended her life which is not a good likelihood for us , I’m on blood pressure tablets and I’ve asked my brothers and sister to check them selves out, dads doing good so far ,it’s just his speech and short term memory that effects him, the point of this is please get yourself checked out and look after yourselves and your family, Keith.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #633 ·
The windscreen is finally sealed and fastened for good , I’ve had to change some parts around on the wipers and the washer jets have been changed , I couldnt get enough angle for the jets to work properly also the wipers are now clap handed has the drivers side obscured vision in the middle , I’ve also been around the car and touched up all the small chips and a few scratches and I think I have the car levelled up to where I’m happy, cheers for now.
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Window

·
Registered
491 Posts
splitty66 – Hi Keith,

Sorry I missed the news about your dad’s stroke, all the best to you and your family.

I’m also long overdue in posting a message about how great your car looks, it is really coming together now. :cool:

I know you have been working on this for a long time, but you are definitely on the home straight now.

Good luck, Paul. :)

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #635 ·
Thanks Paul L, yes it’s been a long time coming, but I’m nearly there , the list is small, my aim is to get it all together and get it weighed and the paper work finished and posted off before a long needed holiday abroad , cheers.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #637 ·
Cheers blackpop, I’ve seen a small improvement, there’s six of us doing our part , four of us doing 24 hours, just being there for company letting him do his own thing, not sure how long its going to carry on though, it is what it is, it’s what we do for family.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Love it, just re read through and it’s been a journey and I know that feeling. Love the little touches like what looks like wire ducts on the door hinges, wish I’d thought of that. Loverly..

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #639 ·
Cheers geof, it has indeed been a long road to get here and the end is just around the corner, the wire ducts as you call them are part of the hinges as bought, not really big enough but you can just get 3 wires per tube in ,and a right pain to get through .

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #640 ·
Nice day yesterday so I went in to the garage, I’d bought an electronic gauge adjuster to make my replica fuel gauge work with the original mg midget sender unit and finally got it to work ,so that’s ticked off the list, but now the wipers don’t self park so checked the self park switch and it’s failed even though its a new wiper system, so that’s ordered, the engine needs a good tune up as it’s running rich,and noticed that the oil pressure switch was reading 5 pounds so need to investigate but I have a new oil pump, I’ll try a different gauge first then take it from there,cheers for now.

621 - 640 of 641 Posts