Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
is currently reloading.
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any way to identify what type you need?
I have an open drive gearbox for the chevy but no prop yoke, just wondered if there is an easy way to identify what I will need?
sorry to be vague
cheers, Taff

·
I'm Not Jed Clampett
2,725 Posts
Easiest way is to use the spline count on the output shaft to identify what you need.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
^^^ What he said, and I can get you a prop made from the ID and certain dimensions...

:smoke:

·
is currently reloading.
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry for the late reply's

it's a chevy trans, 3 speed column changer with open drive, I got it bolted to the back of a 55 vintage 235motor. no idea if it has a name or number (by that i mean is it a th350 or r700 or whatever)

counting the splines (and confirming if it has a master spline or not) would no doubt help ID it, and therefore the yoke i will need.

cheers, Guy, beer at Billing for you Sir....... :)

·
Banned
70 Posts
Hi Taff, if you are running the original engine and torque tube rear end, the joint you need has a shaft that goes into the gearbox and a shaft that goes into the torque tube, these two shafts are coupled together with a u.j. it's quite a hefty piece of kit, i do have one in stock but they aint cheap, i tried to get a picture of one for you but the people i used to buy them from have stopped selling them, and they have removed the picture. if you think it's what you need pm me here or reply in the thread.
Danny

·
is currently reloading.
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Taff, if you are running the original engine and torque tube rear end, the joint you need has a shaft that goes into the gearbox and a shaft that goes into the torque tube, these two shafts are coupled together with a u.j. it's quite a hefty piece of kit, i do have one in stock but they aint cheap, i tried to get a picture of one for you but the people i used to buy them from have stopped selling them, and they have removed the picture. if you think it's what you need pm me here or reply in the thread.
Danny
no mate, i'm converting to open drive, hence the request for propshaft yoke info

cheers anyway!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts