Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mother has a PT Cruiser. The problem with it is the speedo needle is not lighting up. So, if she goes out when it is dark she doesn't know what speed she is doing.

When she asked the local dealers they said bring it in and we will have a look - £80 please!! :wanker:

Does anybody know how to rectify the problem?

Cheers

Hotrod Girl

·
Registered
872 Posts
My Mother has a PT Cruiser. The problem with it is the speedo needle is not lighting up. So, if she goes out when it is dark she doesn't know what speed she is doing.

When she asked the local dealers they said bring it in and we will have a look - £80 please!! :wanker:

Does anybody know how to rectify the problem?

Cheers

Hotrod Girl
Don't know much about modern cars, it's probably just a bulb, but the dash may need to come out to change it, so presumably that's where the labour charge comes from - steering wheel off, panelling off, instrument panel out etc.... Sorry I can't be more help, but unless someone can tell you better than me, it's not a straightforward job uness you're handy with the screwdriver and spanners yourself.....

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
try the pt owners club
cost nothing to join and you can ask on there..
i have been on the site and they look a good bunch (like this one)....

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put a message in their guest book some time ago, but no one has replied. I will have another look. Just grieves us to pay out for someone just to look at it.

Thanks for your advice guys.

Cheers!!

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
A bulb has just gone in my PT Cruiser instrument cluster so at night I can't see the temp gauge or the first 30mph of the speedo.
I have a Haynes manual that goes through what needs to be removed to get the cluster out. Mainly it's the trim and bezel around and over the cluster.
I could try to scan the relevant pages from the Haynes and e-mail them to you as an attachment if that helps ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts