Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car's in the shop at the moment and I'll be needing a QR steering hub to get in and out of the car. It's using a mini column and I would like to retain the centre push horn.
There are several on the bay that offer this however they vary considerably in price (from £30 to £75).
Has anyone had any good / bad experiences, loose or wobbly when fitted, difficult to remove, general quality, advice or recommendations.

Cheers

Jeff

·
Turbo 4 pot freak
1,891 Posts
Hi Foz
I have used the hexagonal one before and they go sloppy which I didn't like, but I have got the fluted/splined type on my other car I built and that feels a lot better and it's had a lot more use than the one I had on my race car.
I will be using one of the splined/fluted type on my Pop.

John

·
Registered
590 Posts
jeff i got a £35 on on mine drop round and see what you think:tdown: i'm not so sure...

it seems you get what you pay for...

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Hi Foz
I have used the hexagonal one before and they go sloppy which I didn't like, but I have got the fluted/splined type on my other car I built and that feels a lot better and it's had a lot more use than the one I had on my race car.
I will be using one of the splined/fluted type on my Pop.

John
I had a hexagonal one also from rally designs , biggest waste of money ever , I dont think I would have been able to drive with it , so using a momo one now , 5 ball bearings top and 4 bottom , so only goes on one way , just make sure it's defenatly on ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts