Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
matt black is for chalk
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if i mentioned before but ,,,,,,,dare i say it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,im a drummer,been in a couple of local bands but not currently "employed". now i know geographically im pretty much on my todd but wondered if there are any budding musicians here and reckon it d be pretty cool to meet up and have an impromtu jam at some show one weekend.

·
Premium Member
6,180 Posts
If I took my double bass, an amp and a pa....you could bring your kit and all we'll need is a guitarist. Simples. Bet if t went down well there would be an organised jam stage at rod runs....

Russ (slapper)

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
i used to play the triangle at infant school but not very well so i guess you wont be requireing my services LOL.
the eldest lad plays guitar though and his girlfriend plays drums which is considered a bit unusual round here.
they are into rock from the metal end of the spectrum what do you play?.
Paul

·
matt black is for chalk
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a wide range of musical taste, mostly played classic rock in the bands iv been in, but im just as happy with rockabilly,big band,skiffle etc. just recently re discovered my love of janis joplin,and been listening to a lot of nam era protest songs. pretty much like anythin with a tune, non of your lady google, 50 pence,talentless cretins though.

·
Registered
368 Posts
nice one zebadee, only an hour from me too.what sort of stuff do you sing?
Mainly shit for the punters.....lol..It gets you plenty of gigs.. I've done all sorts over't many years I've been at it, pubs/clubs/holiday camps wedding circuit. I'm not into HEAVY Rock, or (c)rap, mainly pop/rock/country/rock and roll etc. The last band I was in packed up after 4 years of being very busy last September. we did a wide variety of covers by The Police, U2, Queen, Bad Company, Michael Jackson, Snow Patrol, Free, Bryan Adams, Manic Street Preachers, Big Country, Eagles, Thin Lizzy, Gary Moore, Crowded House, BTO, Reef, Kings of F***ing Leon, Maroon 5, Fleetwood Mac, a lot of 80's stuff too like Huey Lewis, Tears for Fears, Duran Duran, NO ELVIS & NO OASIS!!!........I've forgotten more than I can remember to be honest...Oh yeah and some Stones, Beatles, kinks the usual stuff pub bands play. We used to share vocals/harmonies our bass player did all the high stuff. Like Bryan Adams/Police etc so I could concentrate on the guitar parts. I miss it really but they were all up their own arses as most of us musos are....lol Just doing some acoustic stuff at the moment with some guys and a few solo gigs until I put another band together.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Any of you budding Simon Le Bons on youtube?

I'd like to hear what you lot sound like before watching you at some rod run...the entertainment has dipped over the years already, apparantly.

If not stick a brief vid of yourselves up on here.

Perhaps the rest of us could vote in the band members, at least then its our fault if your crap.

At this point i would have stuck up a bearded 'rocking' smiley. But there isn't one!

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
As has already been said, we offered to but up a smaller marquee by the catering vans, with power and a stage if people wanted to jam at The Hot Rod Drags last year but got no interest.
The offer still stands if anyone is genuinely interested.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
As has already been said, we offered to but up a smaller marquee by the catering vans, with power and a stage if people wanted to jam at The Hot Rod Drags last year but got no interest.
The offer still stands if anyone is genuinely interested.
Sadly as is often the case, trying to get people involved. If i could play anything i'd be in there like a shot.

Fortunately i can blow my own trumpet, no one else will !!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Well it looks like this thread ended up dead in the water.

What a shame, a few musicians offer their talents/services, organisers offer somewhere to play, but nobody backs up the idea. The only comment outside of actual musicians was from a budding Simon Cowell who thought we all ought to go through some sort of vetting procedure in case their ears take a severe pounding at a car show. No more so than being subjected to 4 days of Rockabilly at Americana every year.

·
matt black is for chalk
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i cant say for sure which shows i ll be at this year, gonna try and get to as many as poss but lifes a bit upside down right now so dunno yet, what i shall be doing though is taking my kit along wherever i go, that way, if others have there instruments with them, an open air impromtu jam session would be cool .

·
Registered
368 Posts
well i cant say for sure which shows i ll be at this year, gonna try and get to as many as poss but lifes a bit upside down right now so dunno yet, what i shall be doing though is taking my kit along wherever i go, that way, if others have there instruments with them, an open air impromtu jam session would be cool .
Gigs are the very reason I haven't been to many shows, with most Fridays, Saturdays and sometimes sunday afternoon gigs I only get to the local shows as I have to be back in my locality. Maybe 2012 will be a bit different as I'm having a bit of a break after 28 years of gigging. Often put my GEETAR in the boot but it's all the other stuff you have to cart round, PA, lighting rigs, monitors, amps, chickens, snakes. I end up needing a van...lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.