Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Race the Waves with my friend on Saturday. It was a first time for me, my mate had been once before, we were on motorcycles, it great he says, they let all the bikes park up on the promenade, sounds good I thought.
Well when we got there promenade parking wasn't allowed and we were told you'll just have to find somewhere to park.
We road along the front and there were bikes tucked in everywhere in one's and twos but we couldn't find anywhere so took to the back streets where we found a spot, job done!
The place was really busy as there was a steam punk do taking place as well. A few hours later we decided to leave as the weather started to take a turn for the worse, only to find that EVERY motorcycle that had parked in all the little gaps on the front had received parking tickets, I have no idea why because it's not divded into bays or anything. I bet there was some seriously pissed off people.
Well done (not) Bridlington council that is a really good way of getting people to attend your event you fucking idiots. If they were causing a hazard or a problem I could understand it, but they wasn't......we was thankful that we'd parked in the back streets as we didn't get done.

·
Registered
398 Posts
awesome event though and well supported by the people of the town by all accounts. On the plus side for the council they let the event happen when most others wouldnt dream of it I hear talk of the tickets getting overturned not sure if that will come to anything it does seem an odd thing to do after closing roads and things to let the event happen to ticket people who have came to see it.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The strange thing is none of the cars parked in the same place got ticketed, only the motorcycles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts