Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of a cheap/free code unlocking site , don't take the piss its on our smart car runaround have owned it for about 18mths and its been in safe ever since we got it, not too bothered but it might just drown out the noise of that awfull briggs and stratton lawnmower engine that powers it along.
Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Contact the local dealer and take in the v5 they should be able to give you the code, usually free.

Thats what our local dealers do anyway :tup:

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looking at youtube clips looks like the best option for more power is bike engine transplant, now that does look like some proper fun.

yeah merc dealer should do it for free if you take the v5 with ya, don't knock them little engines, you can get some free extra horse power out of them quite easy with just a little bit of work.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I mucked about with a radio/cd player in a Jag recently, I rang the dealer and I was given three different codes at three different times, and none worked!
I searched online and found out that it could be unlocked by just pressing three buttons on the front simultaneously!
Why bother with a code?

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did have a quick look online and at first glance it seems grundig hold all the codes so guess I will have to go through main dealer, I have pulled the radio out so can give over the serial no. unless anybody knows different.
Cheers
Kev

I mucked about with a radio/cd player in a Jag recently, I rang the dealer and I was given three different codes at three different times, and none worked!
I searched online and found out that it could be unlocked by just pressing three buttons on the front simultaneously!
Why bother with a code?

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have drawn a blank online for a code so contacted mercedes/smart , I have pulled the radio so have the serial no also gave the vin no and registration and 5 phone calls later was told we have to attend a dealership in person ( none anywhere close too us )before they would give out the code and then they charge £23 for this service , seems a bit over the top for a crappy smart car radio even the dealer said chuck it away as they are crap anyway and just buy a cheapy to go in the hole.
So next question are all multi plugs on the backs of radios standardised so any thing will fit or are they different as just want a quick fix as can't be arsed to trace and chop wires about to make it work.
Cheers
Kev

·
Gym Junkie
6,213 Posts
Have drawn a blank online for a code so contacted mercedes/smart , I have pulled the radio so have the serial no also gave the vin no and registration and 5 phone calls later was told we have to attend a dealership in person ( none anywhere close too us )before they would give out the code and then they charge £23 for this service , seems a bit over the top for a crappy smart car radio even the dealer said chuck it away as they are crap anyway and just buy a cheapy to go in the hole.
So next question are all multi plugs on the backs of radios standardised so any thing will fit or are they different as just want a quick fix as can't be arsed to trace and chop wires about to make it work.
Cheers
Kev
You can get an adapter kits to convert the cable and also to allow the fitting of a normal radio/cd player off Ebay:

MMC SMART CAR GREY CD/STEREO/RADIO FASCIA/LEAD/AERIAL | eBay

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
I was shafted for a code a couple of weeks ago, if I could have fitted a new radio I would have but the hole in the dash is to big for a standard unit so it was out with the lube for a royal Peugeot fucking for £20.

Bob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts