Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Marj Myers ... I was married to Alan Myers (who sadly died a few years ago). We used to do the Newsletter back in the 70's, Alan drew it and I typed it up. Used to meet on York Street every Friday night. I recently met a member who joined in the early 80's and he has stirred some great memories of people and cars from Belle Vue shows and on the cruises. Would be great to hear from anyone who remembers me ... Marj x

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alan and I were actually divorced in 1979, it was still a shock to learn of his death ... was about 8 years ago now. Having just met up with a Rainy City Cruiser who joined in the 80's I am feeling very enthusiastic about custom cars again. I was pleasantly surprised to know clubs are still going strong and looking forward to attending some events up north in the near future.

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
hi
i was a member in the 90s i sold my car and bought a van
rainy city is all but a name these days
they don't meet anywhere
1 or 2 old members might turn up at a show if your lucky

steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Steve, I am already in touch with a few names from the past and they still take part in cruises and stuff ... not as a club admittedly but at least custom cars are still around and I am quite excited to be back amongst some old friends, and some new ones too... Marj

·
Registered
68 Posts
Marj, the answer to your question is Geoff Ridgeway I think but Phil Waters will know best. There are still a lot of the 'proper' RCC mob about from back in the day and we are still in touch with most of them. Will pm you when I get chance. Think you need to look out for a nice blue Camaro convertible............

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Pritch (Dave?) have been in touch with Phil and I think you are right ... Geoff Ridgway and Roger Attaway seem to have disappeared ... are you serious about the blue Camaro convertible?

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you can remember the Reg of the Camaro it may still be around......? A lot of older vehicles get traced on here, usually in lock ups having not turned a wheel for a while. Have got some pics of your old one at home, but we are in France for a while. A few of the old gang usually go to the Stars and Stripes event at Tatton Park first weekend in July, usually on the Sunday. Might be worth a trip out if you fancy it.
Catch up soon. DnJ

·
Registered
398 Posts
Usually at any event you will bump into some of the rainy city and most of them still class themselves as members( once a member always a member) only in the last month I've been to the crispy cream met up with about 10 down there. Then at the nostalgia nationals met up with 4/5 other members(1 even lives in Evesham and he still classes himself as one) And last night at the aldelly in nutsford there was about 10/15 club lads with there wives. And most other weekends at some do ar other we will meet up with Dave and Judy Pritchard , Dave and Kim Cassidy, Brian and Linda Young Ian and Linda unsworth Paul and rose wear plus Walt and various others even all the kids class themselves as Rainy City Cruisers it is and always has been there and when you meet people it just starts where it left of before . So it's not welcome it's Welcome back ��

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Derek ... I know most of the names you posted in your message, I was a York Street member back in the 70s ... I think you are a member on the Rainy City Cruisers FB page Steve Cheetham, Mark Freeman and myself recently set up ... I think I recognised your car :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.