Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The "Beehive" pub on Weds,some time around '79-'80...
Cant recall if it was Milt,Stew or even Brian that used to regularly manage to turn up with a copy the next days E&M! and thus steal a head start on most of the nation!!...came i think,via a contact "over the airport"...Anyhow t'was great stuff.:smoke:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The infamous Volleyball challenge between S.O.T.F.'s (the old guard) Vs T.U.S.(the young pups)
Cant recall if it took place at Knebworth or Billing..but deffo 1980..
Result~Pups won!:whistle:

·
[url=http://www.nobrain.d
14,365 Posts
Yep Wal,I remember going to the Beehive on a Wednesday night during the summer mouths, was bit of a ride
for me living down in Kent, but Ken (Redmad) came up from Essex
And I think the PORSCHE club meet there once a mouth too them in there nice clean shirts as to us we were a rough bunch, I can
still can see Bonners 11 DYN 55 pulling in next to a little Porsche the look on the guys face.
Brian was there most weeks but not sure if it was him or Milt who who always turned up at the last moment as we were all going

Thats Bri, below.....:tup:

Bob….

·
Registered
993 Posts
I think the Porsche club hated the SOTF, believe they even resorted to blocking the entrance to the pub carpark once and would only let Porkers in. I think we sorted that out and it didn't happen again.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Memories are coming back. Can remember one week planning to get to the Bee Hive earlier than normal with enough cars to fill the car park up so as to make the Porky guys park in the road.

I think it was Milt arriving late as he had run out of gas some where enroute.

Can remember Brian always seemed to be talking about "Grillers"

Car owners in picture left to right were Tim, Simon, Pete, Me and Colin.

·
14,365 Posts
Memories are coming back. Can remember one week planning to get to the Bee Hive earlier than normal with enough cars to fill the car park up so as to make the Porky guys park in the road.

I think it was Milt arriving late as he had run out of gas some where enroute.
Ken you right about Milt he only put about 2 Gallons in at a time ..I remember I had to give him my full Gas -Can cos he run out of petrol (again ). He have to refill the can then drove out of the filling station leaving the can
On the forecourt, believe it or not after 8 hours when we went back it was still setting there…..:eek:
Rare pic, of the Beehive car park Ken......:tup:

Bob...

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Can remember being at Heston one Saturday night when Milt and Tracey turn up late. Milt had run out of gas. So I head back towards London in my 57 with Milt to get gas then back out on the M4 to put a gallon in Milts Alphasud so he can now get to Heston. This could turn into a thread about Milt running out of gas. I wonder if anyone has ever run out on the 1/4 mile?

Congrats Bob on passing your 2,000th post.

·
14,365 Posts
This could turn into a thread about Milt running out of gas. I wonder if anyone has ever run out on the 1/4 mile?

Well Ken it happen and Milton was there as you will see in the video
And only because Simon run out of petrol Milton won the race...........:smoke:

Bob….

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.