Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i know its not a hot rod or anything fancy, but been 16 i cant afford anything like that so i got what i could as close as i could to a vehicle with a v8 in it and that is my range rover or range rovers. brought it for £150 and have spent alot of time and money and am hoping to make it into a mud monster, nearly there only now i sort of regreting jacking it up so much due to control although, there is no getting this stuck unless it breaks down which it does tend to quite alot
this is its current condtion:

will update mean while, take allook at my vidoes of it on youtube

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
Now don't get spending your inheritance on that thing Barney...:D
Keep working at it,you're doing well for a 16 yr old.And listen to your Dad's advice..:tup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now don't get spending your inheritance on that thing Barney...:D
Keep working at it,you're doing well for a 16 yr old.And listen to your Dad's advice..:tup:
thanks andy, nice to hear from you again, hows ur victor coming along, now that is one seroius project, turning a four door vauxhall into hopefully the worlds fastest street car (version 2)
best of luck with it:tup:

·
drag race addict
1,392 Posts
thanks andy, nice to hear from you again, hows ur victor coming along, now that is one seroius project, turning a four door vauxhall into hopefully the worlds fastest street car (version 2)
best of luck with it:tup:
it's the 53 page thread in this section Barney.:tup:
Cheers.I'll see you soon no doubt..

·
Registered
590 Posts
That really is very cool for a 16 year old to be doing stuff like this. We run a couple of old Range Rovers as daily drivers and they're hard to beat, especially when it snows.

How high have you lifted it to get those wheels on? Has it really had a noticable effect on handling or does it just feel like that because you're that much higher up?

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Im well into my offroading/greenlaning and like your rangie. All the work your doing will stand you in good stead practise old rotten cars for when you buy a rod. Keep it up dude your doing a good job.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That really is very cool for a 16 year old to be doing stuff like this. We run a couple of old Range Rovers as daily drivers and they're hard to beat, especially when it snows.

How high have you lifted it to get those wheels on? Has it really had a noticable effect on handling or does it just feel like that because you're that much higher up?
i've lifted the range with 5 inch lifting blocks and the tyres are a considerable difference, i think they are x-military, i am pretty sure they came off a forward control. it makes the car more wobbly (a set of decsent shocks help) as you build up speed however i dont intend to go that fast , just trundle along ploughing through 6 metres of mud:D

·
Registered
906 Posts
cool rangey, i`ve shared one with my brother for years. we bought it with no gear box and fitted a new one and got it on the road.
it got stolen about a year ago and we couldn`t believe someone would steal it it, a week later it got used in a ram raid and was recovered they had poured petrol inside it to torch it but didn`t for some reason. the steering lock was broke and the front window smashed and a few other bits. we sorted it all out though for about 50 quid.
we were towing our boat and the front wheel came off doing about 40. the bottom of the brake disk was flat we found the wheel in some bushes and walked back up the road and found some wheel nuts, put the wheel back on and carried on to take the boat out. it felt like we had manual abs. turned out my bro had turned off the compressor i was using to do up the wheel nuts with. in the rush i never checked them with a brace (lesson learned)
we sanded it and painted it matt black with a foam roller, it came out really well. my mate was so impressed that we did his van as well. i`ll try and post a photo.

enjoy mate

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
watch out ,barney,these range rovers have been known to ignite! keep up the good work and get on with that pick up.Roger(uncle Roger to you dear nephew)
haha... all true, talking to my dad about that tony roger or what ever his name is and apperently hes moved house to lamberhurst, so i doubt the range rover will be there. thanks anyway

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cool rangey, i`ve shared one with my brother for years. we bought it with no gear box and fitted a new one and got it on the road.
it got stolen about a year ago and we couldn`t believe someone would steal it it, a week later it got used in a ram raid and was recovered they had poured petrol inside it to torch it but didn`t for some reason. the steering lock was broke and the front window smashed and a few other bits. we sorted it all out though for about 50 quid.
we were towing our boat and the front wheel came off doing about 40. the bottom of the brake disk was flat we found the wheel in some bushes and walked back up the road and found some wheel nuts, put the wheel back on and carried on to take the boat out. it felt like we had manual abs. turned out my bro had turned off the compressor i was using to do up the wheel nuts with. in the rush i never checked them with a brace (lesson learned)
we sanded it and painted it matt black with a foam roller, it came out really well. my mate was so impressed that we did his van as well. i`ll try and post a photo.

enjoy mate
wow...sometimes there unreliable and others they are the best, thanks for all the comments everyone

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.