Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
"Poss"
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
Due to impending divorce and as my daughters going to UNI in Plymouth
Looking to relocate from the midlands down South sept ish, Cornwall or South Devon area
What car clubs are down there ie hot rod American car clubs etc
All info gratefully received .wont know any one down there hence this question
Thanks in advance

·
Old Rod Old Sod!
329 Posts
There was a couple of guys in Exeter that used to organize meets and run outs, not sure if they still do. In cornwall you got the surf coast cruisers. There are a few Rodders down in the south west. Good luck with your move.

·
Registered
178 Posts
hi not any big car clubs down here the the surf coast cruisers are still going I think but not many members but there are plenty of people with rods and yanks that meet up now and then plus its a nice place to cruise around. good luck with your move.

·
"Poss"
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hi guys thanks for your responses,
Not sorted job yet , intend to move with my current employer till something more interesting comes up, been in motortrade best part of 35 years doing most things ,
Want out of the midlands and just looking for a better life style although it's a little way off yet,
But that's the plan buy a car and squirrel it away , once I get new mortgage etc won't be able to afford it but will have the car and hopefully a few decent people with the same interests down there
Perhaps we will have to start a new club then ??

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
There's usually something going on down here, just driving around means you end up seeing a classic or custom out and about. Seen the proper Cornish cruisers driving when a few of us are doing stuff, or at some of the local shows.
Devon rodz Meet regularly as stated before, Devon Hot Rods and I'm pretty sure there's another club that dayvanman on here is a part of too. Quite often have a cruise or meet of our own that a few of us that aren't club members go out on, especially during the summer. Quite cool to see 7 or 8 cars or so out for a drive with lots of people asking what club event this is, and the reply is always 'none, just a few friends out for a drive!'
Good luck with your venture mate, hope it all works out for you :tup:

Should type faster..... :D

·
"Poss"
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Cheers will look out for them when I get down there
Thanks for the info. Devon hot rods looks good , decent cars and good place to be
Nice one

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
"Poss"
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
That's a great mix of cars ,many thanks for the pictures looks like all had a good day :)
Wow what a great vid , thro st ives and of to lands end? What more can you say, great weather great scenery and good mix of people , I working down there tommorow funnily enough , I have a way to go yet to get down there to live but it's coming , fantastic :) currently green with envy lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts