Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nowadays most of my vehicle key sets are on Harley keyrings of one sort or another - mainly freebies from dealers. Somehow tho' I just can't seem to stop using this one that must be thirty years old now...I bet a few of you out there have got this tucked away in a drawer somewhere!

Sadly I seem to have mislaid my Planet Rock guitar that also doubled up as a bottle opener...

·
Registered
325 Posts
No Way !!!

I still use mine - its obviously of the same age but I would have guessed 20-22 years ago !!! Its on my keyring along with the Grolsch Bottle Top

Mal

·
Mr Invisible
1,510 Posts
I've got the Street Machine and the Classic American openers on my Keyring along with one from Custom car celebrationg 20 years of the mag (or maybe its 21 years)

·
Dazed & Confused
3,507 Posts
Sad, but I couldn't resist it... all those memories from the 80's...

Ooooh!

Did you buy that from me?

I had a batch made up back in the day!!

Speaking of which, has anybody got one of the original versions of these?

I first had them made back in 1983 and have had a batch made up recently.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
My truck keys don't have a keyring as such, got an auto lock/unlock fobby thing which is like a keyring in itself.

House keys have this one however..

When I still rode bikes this was my keyring..

Hung up me lid nearly 20 years ago, but just can't throw it away.

·
overweight? no, UNDERTALL
103 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
This the keyring for my Early Ford.
Ford 'Rouge plant' tool tag and original Hurd keys with there original number tags.

·
Registered
687 Posts
OK, so I had a ZZ Top 1 in my Model A, prior to stripdown, along with the BeerLever

But I do have a good story with the keyring from back in the day.
You'll remember the iconic ZZ Top videos with the Eliminator Coupe.
Well around that time Bulmers Cider here in Ireland ran a TV advert with a '34 Panel Van painted up for them.
The Panel Van was from Don Thelen, who built the Eliminator and he gave the filmcrew about 6 keyrings as a gift.
Mine was given to me by one of the crew way back then.
The A is the first car I used it in, it stayed in the packet for almost 28 years !
Pat

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Sorry no picture. Had a customer who came in with a piece of titanium that had held his broken ankle together when he had come off his motorbike .
Not nice....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts