Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rod'a'holic
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it with drivers in Glastonbury other than the drugs. Nice slow drive on the way back from the restaurant last night in the 32 truck, I stopped at a traffic calming point to let a car through and a kid in a Polo went straight into the back of us without braking.

Sorry mister I was checking my notifications on my dashboard TV. WTF

Does not look a lot but needs new tailgate, rear panel work, exhaust repair, lights and of course respray

This is the result from the last one

I need to avoid being followed by Polo,s in future

·
Registered
919 Posts
Commiserations! That could be any one of us. I hope he fully compensates you. Too many distractions in modern vehicles.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,195 Posts
:( I remember John Cross getting rear ended at lights in his just ( like 2 months) completed A Briggs sedan :(

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I look in my rear view mirror brace myself and cringe when stopping and turning in the Edsel as people dont understand why one side all the lights are lit up red and the whole of the other side is flashing , once i saw the car behind brake hard , the driver shouted abuse at me saying get your Fkin lights sorted out , i just waved

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
once upon a time it was ilegal for a tv screen to be in view of the driver.

·
Off the Xmas card list
24,195 Posts
I look in my rear view mirror brace myself and cringe when stopping and turning in the Edsel as people dont understand why one side all the lights are lit up red and the whole of the other side is flashing , once i saw the car behind brake hard , the driver shouted abuse at me saying get your Fkin lights sorted out , i just waved
I love the clean look of just red lights BUT most drivers don't have a clue about them flashing as indicators. For my own safety I always fit hidden but bright orange indicators as well .

·
Registered
919 Posts
Nowadays it's more technology the better, encouraged by the Govt who are digital mad.

I'm not keen on this in principle, but there may be something to be said for a high level brake light (I know rodbuilder could well have been just on a handbrake when the incident occurred). On our old stuff brake lights are often near the deck where folk aren't looking these days. However, you can't cover all bases when you've an idiot like this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts