Rods 'n' Sods - UK Hot Rod & Street Rod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Who promised you tomorrow
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

I'm replacing a 6v rear light on a bike project of mine and have a question. The original Honda rear light unit has 3 wires going to it. 2 wires go to the stop/tail bulb and one goes to an earth tab on the light unit itself.

My new rear light only has 2 wires, the 2 from the bulb and no provision for an earth. The unit mounts with a single large nut over the spindle sticking out of the light unit. Apart from maybe a large ring terminal i can't see how it earths unless it's through the spindle and nut when mounted to a metal mudguard or whatever :beuj:

I'm using a fiberglass seat unit so shall I just pop a large ring connection on the earth cable that's already there and mount it to the spindle and nut/washer that hold it in position on the seat unit?

Any advice greatly received

Ta Dan:tup:

·
Who promised you tomorrow
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha it looks like an explosion in a spaghetti factory here. I've got the loom off the bike and took it apart to redo some of the connections. Seemed a good idea at the time :pmsl:

All good fun, just glad i labelled everything. Thanks for the replies, I'll give it a bash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts